Friday, August 26, 2011

Update on the Update

Well, I went to the "electrician" yesterday and the good news is my heart is back in a normal sync. At least normal for me. My sync is not normal, therefore, Dr Wang will be doing a Catheter Ablation next Wednesday. I have to say Dr Marini was right. Dr Wang is a very good cardiologist based on my experience of yesterday. He explained what was going on with my heart's electrical system and what the best options would be to correct the abnormality. After I mad the decision to go ahead with the Ablation, he was concerned about the timing because he was aware of Betty's situation. I explained that Daryl said he would come to be with us until I was able to get back to a somewhat normal routine. That's when Dr Wang asked if next week was to soon because he wants to get things corrected before they become uncorrectable. Therefore, next Wednesday it is. As I was leaving his office, Dr Wang gave me a DVD from St Jude's that explains about AF and this procedure. Betty and I watched it together and it was very informative. However, this is just the first step, as I will be needing some sort of pacer for an additional problem after the Atrial Fibrillation is corrected.

Daryl will be flying in of Tuesday so he will be here to help out as I have to be a the hospital at 9:30am on Wednesday. They hope to start the procedure at 11:30 because it takes about 3 1/2 to 4 hours. I have to admit, I'm a little apprehensive bout it but I know Dr Wang must be the best or Dr Marini wouldn't have sent me to him. So that gives me a little more "piece of mind" about it.

So, today, we start preparing for me having the procedure and for Daryl's arrival. Since both Betty and I only work in"short" spurts, it will take us a couple of days to get things under control again. Well, that's the latest but I'll keep you informed of all the happenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment