Thursday, December 3, 2009

More Decorations

Just thought I would continue sharing our Christmas decorations, then I'll share photos from our "parties" in another post. I love Christmas and decorating for it. I have to say Betty is not the most enthusiastic participant when it come to decorating, so it falls to me. However, she does seem to enjoy them once I have completed decorating.

So, here are some more of our decorations.


This figurines were painted by us from "green ware". We used to do quite a bit of ceramic work and were given these figurines. they are on the table with the angels. On the left is a music box with carolers which I picked up at the Kikasa outlet store. Behind the tree candle is a candle holder and candle from Pfaltzgrapf.


I love animated decorations and this is the first of many we have. Santa is checking his email on his laptop and answers Billy's request. After the he send the email he still has 435,000 more.


This is our door greeter. The lamp lights up to show our friends the way into our home.


This snowman head is animated also. Surprise! As you walk by, or touch it, is replies "Merry Christmas!"


On the wall leading to the kitchen, I hung this decoration. It was made for us by our neice Jennifer many years ago. It is one of our special decorations.



More animated decorations. The dog is really great. As "Jingle Bells" plays, the tail wags and the ears move up and down. The snowman on the inflates and then deflates as "Frosty the Snowman" is sung. And the snowman in the middle is the first animated decoration I purchased. He is the "bouncing snowman" and jumps up and sown as he sings. I used to jump with it but, I have outgrown that, at least so far. I placed the fancy Santa, given to us by Mary, in that location to hide a phone jack.


The last animated Santa in the living room is "Surfin' Santa". He sings and dances to the tune of Surfing Safari by the Beach Boys.


In the kitchen, we have our Christmas mugs displayed under the bulletin board with a big red bow. Oh, yeah, we have a jazz piano playing Santa there also He plays a "jazzy" version of different Christmas songs.


On the kitchen table, we have Betty tree. If you look closely, you will see it has ornaments relating to Florida. Santa in a bathing suit, dolphins, starfish, etc. In the upper right corner are our "kissing angels". We have had them for a number of years and we keep them out on the desktop all year.


We have individual stocking holders, but they won't stay on the top of the entertainment center, so when we saw this stocking holder at Sam's we purchased it. I was very pleased with how it looked, but I couldn't find our stockings so I had to get new ones.



Meanwhile, back in the living room. This house was again hand painted by us and has a light inside that lights up the windows. We have had it for a number of years.



No Florida home can be without a flamingo, so our "Santa Flamingo" serves that purpose. It is standing in the arch of our entry.


Every Chrsitmas tree needs a train set. As you can see ours goes around the base of the tree on a tree skirt again made by our neice Jennifer. You may notice some ornament boxes under the tree if you look closely. Those are for Daryl, Doug and Amy. Each year we purchase an ornament for each of the kids, as well as the ornament for the series' we have.


And last, but certainly not least, this Santa and Mrs. Claus were made for us by Lolo and they are always a special part of our decorations.

There are other decorations in the house but I think I have bored you enough. I do hope you have enjoyed seeing them and wish you could all see them in person. When I have completed the outside decorations, this weekend, I'll share photos with you.

5 comments:

  1. I HIT THE JACKPOT...Having not looked for a few days, I was greeted with TWO new posts. OMG...so much decorating. It makes me tired just looking at all you've done. I love them all, particularly
    the blue angels. They are beautiful. When you finish your decorations, come on over and do mine, that is if you'll also come and take them all down and put them away...WOW what a job. That's so great that you enjoy it so much. Pass along a little of your enthusiasm to me, okay? I guess I'm getting too old to decorate much anymore. About all I put up is stockings by the fireplace, a small tree, wreath on door, candles in certain places, Christmas towels in bathrooms and kitchen, and of coarse my Nativity scene. After all, isn't that the reason for the season???
    Totally loved your posts, pictures, etc. Looking forward for your next one, only don't wait so long to post.
    Time to go...yeah, shopping again.
    An early MERRY CHRISTMAS to all.
    C.P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure glad you did all that now I can just look at your and not have to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey LaDonna, you're a smart one. I never thought of that. Think I'll do the same.
    Thanks, Fred.
    C.P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which WEEKEND were you talking about???
    Looking forward to seeing those outside decorations.
    C.P.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't you through decorating outside YET??????
    Waiting to see pictures of the results.
    C.P.

    ReplyDelete