I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years. I was going to use this first post of the new year to share my thoughts about preparing for a cruise Betty and I had starting tomorrow. However, that changed dramatically yesterday. So I'll now explain what changed.
On December 30th, I had an appointment with my cardiologist, Dr. Marini, whom I had not seen for about 8 months for various reasons. I was very surprised when he informed me that after my previous visit, where I had an echo-cardiogram, he was tempted to give me a pacemaker. That came completely out of the blue because I had no idea. He doesn't like to do that unless it is absolutely necessary, so he decided against it. Well, to make a long story short, after talking with me and evaluating what I told him, he scheduled me for a nuclear stress-test last Wednesday and Thursday (it takes two sessions to complete). Since he knew we were scheduled to leave on a cruise tomorrow, he said he would let me know the results on Friday. So, yesterday, about noon, I was given a go ahead for the cruise. Since we had been preparing all week, I was pretty happy about that. The only thing I was concerned about was Betty's new power chair was not going to arrive. So, I was waiting to pick up loner when I called Betty and she told me I was to call Dr. Marini's office. That is when the other shoe fell. It seems the nurse had "jumped the gun" by telling me it was o.k. to go. She informed me Dr. Marini did not want me to go and wanted to do a cardiac catherization on this coming Tuesday, however, it was my decision if I wanted to go anyway and do the cardiac cath when I returned. I called Betty (I was still waiting for the loner) to tell her what was going on and she informed me we were NOT going! But shortly after, I got the good news her chair had arrived and they were going to deliver it by 5 PM. When I got home, I called the cruise line and canceled the cruise (luckily I had purchased trip insurance) then called Dr. Marini's office to schedule the catherization. It was now 3 PM and I had to go to his office to get the paperwork done and have a blood test and get back before the chair was delivered. Quite frankly, that was a stress-test! The last thing I had to do is call our friends Skip and Mo to tell them we wouldn't be going. This cruise started off with 3 couples going to have a good time and is now down to one couple who will go by themselves. I'm sure they will enjoy it anyway, as they love to cruise.
Well, that is the end of my tale of woe. Sorry no photos or good news to share, except for the new chair, but at least I'm posting again. Check back to follow the progress of this saga.
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fred I sure you get good news on Tueday LD
ReplyDelete