Now on to random thought and photos. I was watching a program the other day about an exterminator in Louisiana. He had been called to remove a nuisance alligator from a pond because the people that lived around the pond were afraid it would grab a pet, or worse yet, a child because of it's size. When they finally captured the gator, it measured out to s little over 11 feet. That got me to thinking about a gator we saw on the St Johns River on one of our boat trips. We always look for wild life when we are out on the boat and when we saw this gator, I headed toward it so we could get a better look. I have to tell you, it was the biggest gator I have ever seen. When we were about 20 feet from it, it slowly slid into the water and I thought our friend Mary was going to "wet her pants" she was so frightened. someone had told her a gator could turn over a pontoon boat and she was sure that was going to happen. We all thought she would walk across the river if the gator came toward the boat. It didn't want anymore to do with us then we did of him. As you can tell by the following photo it was at least 11 or 12 feet long. (To estimate it's length, you estimate the space between the nose and the eyes, in inches, and that gives you an estimated length in feet).

For Father's Day, Daryl and Doug sent me a gift certificate from Amazon.com, which I used to purchase a stoneware bread pan. It can be used for other things as well, but I am only going to use it for bread. I have made a few loaves of bread in it already, but the more I use it the better looking the bread becomes. So when I made bread today, I baked a beautiful loaf so I could take a picture to share with you. Always before, I would bake a round loaf in my cast iron Dutch oven. Of course it was good but I wanted to be able to bake a loaf to use foe sandwiched, etc. Well, now I can and it has been fun to experiment with it trying to make the perfect loaf. Based on the photo, I'm sure you'll agree I came close this time.


I know this post wasn't very exciting but I never said I was a Hemingway, or Shakespeare, or even Dr. Seuss. I do hope you did enjoy reading parts of it though. 'Til next time, as thay say in the South, "Bye!"
Glad you got something that you like and that will keep on giving something back to you. Just don't feed any of the bread to the gators. They may start visiting more often.
ReplyDeleteYou know Fred when we retire we have a way of putting things off because we think we have all the time in the world to do them needless to say some things never get finished.Nice bread pan and beautiful bread Good Job
ReplyDelete