Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Two Days in a Row

Now don't fall out of your chair just because I'm posting two days in a row. Although, this is a rare occurance and probably calls for some sort of a celebration, but we won't dwell on that. I do have some specifics to share so that is why this post.

In response to the comments made by my cousin Pat, I want you to know I'm still young at heart. Well, maybe not actually based on my cardiac history, but psychologically I am. I agree with her about honesty in your friends, but Mary was very apologetic about how her statement sounded, but of course, I will never let her forget it. I actually agreed with Mary's statement but I won't let her know that. You also have to know that Claire is an outstanding cook and can bake like a professional. Whereas I like to experiment with new recipes, Claire is really a traditionalist. The cake she brought was an Italian Wedding Cake, which was to die for.

Now to the second reason for two days in a row. I want to share some pictures of our deer herd. I was sitting on the deck a couple of weeks ago and out from the area where they "nest", comes the deer pictured below. As you can tell they are certainly not afraid of me as they just stood there looking or continued to graze. They are just beautiful animals and one of the many benefits Betty and I have living where we do. Another is all of the other "critters" we have. Geckos are very common and they are really quite helpful in keeping down the bugs. Anyway, on to the pictures.

Time for dinner


Whose that watching us?

We see you!!!!


Back to the business at hand


The grass looks greener over here. I think I'll give it a try.


Do you think I can be seen?

Well, that's enough frivolity for one day. I hope you enjoyed the pictures and are not too bored with them. Maybe someday soon I'll post a montage' of the "critters" we have in Florida. At least the ones I've seen.

Until nest time, BYE!

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are great don't you just love theway they come so close so you can get a good look

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...Haven't looked to see if you had posted for awhile as you NEVER seem to post TWO IN A ROW. WOW, was I surprised when I saw you did...Sorry, it's taken me so long to respond. Guess it runs in the family : ) Get my point? Anyway, so glad to see your beautiful animals are still around. Mine seems to have disappeared. Haven't seen them for a couple of weeks. In fact the last time they were spotted, they were in MY BACKYARD, just beneath my bedroom window laying under the tulip tree by my window. What a sight and so cute. Two fawn and "mama".
    Well, time for breakfast and MORE PILLS...YUK.
    Hope your Fourth of July celebration was fun. I'm assuming you hosted a get together.
    Love,
    C.P.

    ReplyDelete