As many of you that read this posting are aware, I like to entertain. Well, a couple of weeks ago I was at the market when one of our friends asked if I was going to have an Easter Dinner again this year. At the time I really hadn't thought about it because I was busy "doing my thing for Uncle Sam" and really wasn't in the correct mood for entertaining. However, the more I thought about it the more I decided that we should host it again this year. The way it usually works, in theory, is Betty and I provide the main entre and drinks, and everyone else brings everything else. Reality being what it is, I usually also make other things, i.e., desert, appetizers, side dish, and then of course there is the work prior such as cleaning the house and setting up for the crowd. After I had decided to go ahead and host a dinner, Betty informed me she was going to call our friends and tell them; "I told Fred he could have Easter Dinner if he wanted but I wasn't going to let him. He doesn't need the stress related to having it." And, she called them. So needless to say, we didn't have Easter Dinner at our house. It seems all of our friends were in agreement with Betty because they all said I did too much. Well, to make a long story short, a group of us went out to dinner instead and had a great time. Aren't you glad I related that story to you. I'm sure you were totally engrossed in it.
The weather here in Florida is really great and I spend quite a bit on the deck, either reading or watering. A couple of years ago we transported from Arizona a small piece of cactus and replanted it when we returned home. That small piece grew and filled one pot so we split it and the results are really pretty. Check out the photo of the cactus in bloom. Thanks to my sister-in-law Frances, as it was started from her cactus.
The other photos I'm sharing are taken from the deck also. As you know I love clouds and nature so that what these are all about. The captions are more explanatory.
I guess this is enough for today. I don't remember who said it, I think P.T. Barnum, but you should always leave your fans wanting more. So, that is my strategy, - leave them wanting more. So as I stated at the beginning of this post, I'll be posting regularly irregular. Til next time, ...
Boy your little peanut cactus really took off it must like Flordia all your plants are doing well my Lemon and lime tree frooze thisyear I'm waiting to see if they are going to come back doesn't look to good
ReplyDelete