Back in 1999, my boss asked if we would like to move to Florida as one of Kodak's biggest distributors wanted an on-site instructor. Before we said yes, we came to Florida to see if we would like living here. Well, as you can tell, I accepted the position as we moved to Florida. Prior to visiting, we had decided we wanted to downsize since it was only the two of us. To that end, we looked at smaller houses but they were mostly "starter" homes and would be in transit communities. I had looked at manufactured homes (for the uninformed, they used to be called mobile homes, although few were mobile), so we looked at them as an alternative. We traveled south from Jacksonville looking at manufactured home communities and when we drove into Bulow Plantation, it was as if we were meant to live there. When we ordered our home, as I said before, our intentions were to downsize. We did! We went from a two story, 2000 sq.ft. colonial to a single story 1850 sq.ft. ranch (not counting the glassed in sun-porch). Below are pictures of our homes exterior. I will add interior on the next post.
Back of house.
If you look at the roof-line, where the roof "juts" in is the end of the house. The rest of that is the sun-porch with the deck coming off of it.
It's so nice to finally see where you live. Can you send some of those blue skies our way?
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures
ReplyDeleteHi you two;
ReplyDeleteThis is a really neat blog. Sooo glad you set this up as it's one way of keeping in touch.
Okay, now "this dummy" is going to try to set up an account so I may leave a comment. Wish me luck.
Cousin Pat
Thanks for the help. Finally was able to post a comment.
ReplyDeleteC.P. (aka-Cousin Pat)