For those of you who remember what a mobile home, or "trailer", look like inside may be surprised at the following pictures. Manufactured homes, as they are now called, have come a long way from the "old trailers" that people used to live in. After a hurricane devastated South Florida in the early '90's, the federal government dictated manufactured homes had to meet some very rigid requirements. Since 1998, manufactured homes have met these standards and the quality reflects it. In fact, the newer manufactured homes withstood the on slot of 4 hurricanes in 6 weeks in 2004 better then many site-built homes. Take a look at our home and you will see what I mean.
Looking toward the dining room from the living room.
These pictures will have changed as the TV is now in the family room and the living room has different furniture.
Sun-porch
The bar is gone and we now have a futon but it is still very pleasant
Compare the next picture to the front of our house in Florida (first where we live post) to the following. This is a picture of the front of our house in Pittsford, NY taken in March of '96. Having been reared in Southern California, you can understand why we like Florida. But, I must admit I miss the changing of the seasons. Betty doesn't though.
Great pictures I don't think I could live in NY
ReplyDelete