Sunday, January 10, 2010

Betty's Birthday

Many of you kno9w that last Wednesday was Betty's birthday and she was surprised by a delivery of flowers. Mary and Keith had flowers sent with a hat and a bag of M&M Peanut candies as part of the arrangement. You have to understand that Mary thinks Betty is much older then she is because she isn't 62 until June. Prior to Betty receiving the flowers, Mary had called to find out how we were going to celebrate Betty's birthday, and we decided to go to dinner. Well, Betty was "required" to wear her hat to dinner. It's great to have friends.


The arrangement
You can't really see the bag of M&M's but it is tied with a purple bow.


Close-up of the hat. The band says "Oh, my God I'm "62" now"

As I stated in my last post, Betty's power chair needed to be replaced and she received her new one on Friday. As she is getting used to it, I think she is having an easier time getting around as it is a center drive with a very tight turning radius. Her old chair was a rear wheel drive so in order to make a turn, she would sometimes hit the wall, or the door-frame. I think the more she uses her new one, the more she will be able to do.


Kind of "snazzy", don't cha' think?

We have a lady down the street that is a beautician, and Betty has been going to her for haircuts, etc. Well, Betty had an appointment on Saturday for a haircut because we were to be going on the cruise, so I dropped her off and went to get a couple of prescriptions. When I returned after about 45 minutes, I was informed it would be another 45 minutes. So I went to Mary and Keith's to harass Keith as he painted. After 45 minutes, I went to pick her up again and was told an additional 45 minutes was needed. Now I don't know how long a normal haircut takes, but when I get mine cut, it's about 15 minutes. Brenda likes to talk so that is the reason for the length of time it takes. But, to her credit, she does a great job on Betty's hair. Take a look for yourselves.


Nice haircut.

Well, Betty turned 62 on the 6th and we celebrated our 44th Anniversary on the 8th. I rob the cradle when I married her, but it has been worth every moment.

Until next time, have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. It's not just that Fred has to put up with us "Johnson" girls but that it's a handful of Capricorns!! :)

    ReplyDelete