That's right, two days in a row that I have blogged. That is a record for 2010. I want to thank Cristina and my cousin Pat for the comments, they were very nice. I thought I would answer Pat's questions on the blog so if anyone else was interested they would have the answer. The original Tunnel of Fudge Cake did have nuts in it so you really were having a "senior moment". So, yes, the recipe you saw was the correct one. I do want to say upfront, it has plenty of chocolate for those of you addicted to it. Rich, but, oh, so good!! I honestly just had a small piece and then sent the rest home with Mary. She said she was going to share it with her in-laws and her sister, but being a chocolate addict as she is, I really wonder.
What a pleasant surprise Betty and I had yesterday. As most of you know, we have our friends over for meals quite regularly, so when Mo called and asked what we were doing last night, I was in the dark as to why she was asking. It turns out, she and Skip was going to come over, and much to my surprise, bring dinner. Since I was already cooking a corned beef supper, I put that on hold until tonight, because one should never pass up an opportunity like she proposed. So, they came over with steak, salad and dessert, and we furnished the vegetable and the whipped cream for the dessert. When we were sitting around talking, Mo said the score was now Fred & Betty 5 meals, and Skip & MO 1 meal. I had to correct her though as it should be F&B 5 1/2 meals and S&M 1/2 meal. In all honesty, we don't expect people to "pay us back" for our hospitality. But it is sure fun to kid Mo!
So, today I am finishing the Corned Beef dinner and I made some Irish Soda Bread and a Rum Cake for dessert. I don't know if anyone is coming over to share with us, but I'm prepared if they do.
Well, I guess I'll close this for now and see if I need to do anything else. Being retired when someone asks me what I'm doing today, I always say the same thing as yesterday. Then if they ask why, I answer because I didn't finish doing nothing. 'Til next time!
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
GEEZ...No, I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.
ReplyDeleteI still don't remember the nuts in the cake. I suppose it is a "senior moment". I think I'd do, what you think, Mary is going to do...Don't believe I'd share, either.
Aren't you a bit early with the corned beef and cabbage? St. Pat's day isn't until Wednesday. Oh well, it's good anytime.
You won't be hearing from me for a few days, as I'm "going up north" to celebrate my birthday. Getting "cabin fever" with all the rain we've had. I'm going while Mother Nature has decided to cooperate. Should be sunny all week. Will be leaving tomorrow morning but should be home by Thursday or Friday.
Toodles,
C.P.