Saturday, March 20, 2010

Just Some Things

I just wanted to share some photos (?) I came across while cleaning out my files. As they brought back some very pleasant memories, I wanted to share them with you.

The first two are not really photos but are silhouettes done at Disneyland back in 1991. Prior to moving to Rochester, NY, we took the kids to Disneyland one last time. Daryl was staying in California but we wanted to have one last family adventure before we moved. Kodak was a big player in Disney, so they had a membership to Club 33 on New Orleans Square. Anyone that worked for Kodak could take advantage of it, if they knew about it that is, so I called HR and made arrangements for us to have dinner there. For those of you that have never heard of Club 33, I'll give you some background. It is a restaurant that overlooks the dock of the Mark Twain riverboat and is used by many people to do business. You have to be a member in order to utiize the facility but it is a great place to eat. I don't know if it even exist anymore. Well, the membership includes access to the park, so we enjoyed the day prior to our 6pm reservation. I know all of you have been to Disneyland and if you have ever eaten at the restaurant in Pirate of the Caribbean, you were right next to the Club 33 entrance. While people were lined up to eat in the Pirates restaurant, we rang the bell at 33 New Orleans Square, were buzzed in and took an old "French" elevator to the 2nd floor restaurant. We enjoyed a leisurely dinner and Amy was really impressed by the waiter making a Caesar Salad at our table. I will tell you, it was the best way to enjoy Disneyland.



















The following pictures were taken by Amy her Senior year in high school. She was taking a photography class and was using my 35mm camera with black and white film. You now owns the camera along with a digital we gave her for Christmas the year prior to her studying in Japan. The photos are of her dog, Princess, whom is no longer with us.


I just wanted to share these with you because they are special to Betty and I. So until next time, may you have good health and happiness!

2 comments:

  1. Neat post. Enjoyed it, especially the Disneyland part. I, also, have silhouettes of my kids from Disneyland. Yes, have been there numerous times, even when "I grew up"...Love that place. I've taken the grand kids several times. (my biological grandson and step granddaughter) If you were wondering when I said grand kids. Plural.
    Good excuse, huh...taking the grand kids. Have eaten at the Pirates of the Caribbean. Neat place.
    What a darling Princess was. Too bad.
    And in closing...You too have good health and happiness.
    C.P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. APRIL 10TH...
    HELLO, ANYBODY THERE? GUESS NOT..........
    C.P.

    ReplyDelete