In the meantime, I want to share with you some photos I recently took in our backyard. This year we have two does that are living in the bushes directly in back of that house. Normally, you don't see many deer in the daytime, but these does, and sometimes their fawns, can be seen many days eating the grass. In fact, last Saturday night, I had let Kujo out and when I opened the door to call her back in, there was the biggest doe standing maybe 20 feet front our front door, eating. When I called Kujo, the doe just lifted her head and stared at me until Kujo came into the house and I started to shut the door. Even before I shut the door, she went back to eating. And of course I didn't have my camera. I think she knows she, or her fawns are in no danger from us. Below are some photos I have taken of them.


Isn't she beautiful. So majestic.

She just came out of her den, behind her to the right.
One of her fawns is right behind her.
Both of her fawns as she heads for home.

She just came out of her den, behind her to the right.
One of her fawns is right behind her.
Both of her fawns as she heads for home.What beautiful animals these creatures are. I haven't been able to get any photos of the other doe and her fawn as she is more "skittish". I just sit on the porch, or deck, and watch them. It can't get any better than that.
It's about time I got tired looking at same blog all the time and gave up Great pictures of the deer. Good for you building better ramps for Betty she needs them Love you both
ReplyDeleteHEY, HANG ON A MINUTE WHILE I PICK MYSELF UP OFF THE FLOOR......
ReplyDeleteWell, you're not the only one that has beautiful deer to watch. Sometime last year a deer decided to take up residence in my next door neighbors back yard. Later she brought her fawn with her. Long story short, her fawn grew up, her fawn still came, but the mom didn't show. Then about three days ago mom came back with her new twins. They are SO cute, no bigger than a stuffed toy. I love watching them frolic on their little wobbly legs. They'd stop and go nurse and then back to frolicking . Must have gotten thirsty. We call them our
"resident" family. This is a bit unusual, as I live in a residential neighborhood. You know the typical 50' by 100' lot. At least that's typical, in my little corner of the world. Thank goodness, as BIG parcels grow too many weeds. Right, Frances?
Anyway, glad you're back and hope you stay awhile. Love your deer pictures. I know you enjoy watching them as I do mine. I'd love to get pictures of mine, but afraid to get too close...don't want to scare them off.
Till next time.
C.P.