Wednesday, February 27, 2013

It's Been a Long Time

I know this will be quite a surprise for most of you but I'm going to try and write at least once a week from now on.  Let's see if I can really keep that schedule.

This has been a sad week for Betty and I as Betty's oldest sister LaDonna, also known as Sue, died last Saturday after a very short battle with lung cancer.  She was having a difficult time breathing so it had to be a very painful time for her. It is always hard when you lose someone you love and Betty had a pretty difficult day on Monday, as she hed spent the night thinking about LaDonna. 

As if that was not enough to deal with, our very close friend Maureen was told by her oncologist last week, there is nothing left to try and stop the cancer that she has.  Maureen has been fighting this dreaded it for at least fifteen years, having had a double mastectomy, and multiple chemo and radiation treatments.  She is now at home with her husband, Skip, and Hospice is coming to help make her as comfortable as possible.  It's as if we are vultures circling overhead, just waiting.  What a helpless feeling!

I apologize if this is somehat of a "downer" post, but it had to be written.  As the year progresses I hope to be able to post happier thoughts.  Until my next post, keep everyone in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment