As I wrote yesterday, we were very pleased with the room. However, we did not have either Skip & Mo's or Mary & Keith's room numbers, so we didn't know how their staterooms were. After a short period, they miraculously found us and came up to our stateroom.
As on all cruise ships, we had to go to our "muster station" at 4 pm for the safety lecture, which was really pretty short, and then we returned to our stateroom because I wanted to watch us leave. Surprisingly enough, all of our luggage had been delivered to our stateroom by this time. I have to say Princess Cruise Line has their act together.
By the time I realized we had left the dock, we were in the channel heading out to sea. It was sure different then when I was on the Maritime Academy ship back in 1965. You couldn't tell we were moving on this ship, whereas on the academy ship we would start a slow rolling motion as soon as we left the dock. What a smooth sailing vessel! I guess it really has to be or people wouldn't cruise. DUH! As we left Port Everglades, there was a great view on the beach and coastline. As you can probably glean from my writing, I love the sea and anything connected with it.
We had opted for traditional late dinner seating, instead of anytime, because if you have gone ashore at some port, you have time to unwind prior to having dinner. Another benefit is you always have the same wait-staff so they get to know what your likes and dislikes are. For instance, after the first couple of dinners, Matao & Leo, our waiter and assistant, had iced tea for us as soon as we arrived.
This was our first dinner and I have to say I didn't look very happy in this photo. It's just that I don't like my pic
One thing I forgot to mention that transpired after we boarded was a change in the itinerary. Hurricane Thomas was meandering through the Caribbean so that predicated the change. The original itinerary was to go to Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada, Dominica, St. Thomas and Princess Cays. then cruise line's private island (owned by Carnival which owns Princess) in the Bahamas. Well, the hurricane changed that. We instead reversed the original itinerary and dropped Dominica and replaced it with St Kitts. So as you can see it was not a drastic change.
Well, after dinner we headed to our staterooms as it had been a long day. I have to tell you it didn't take long to fall asleep, what with being tired and the motion of the ship.
So, until next time when I relate more of our adventure, have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment