As most of you who read this blog know, Betty and I don't have any grandchildren and the possibility is quite remote. But we do have a grand-dog!

Our grand-dog, Kujo! You can take the word "grand-dog" two ways; 1st, as a substitute for grandchild and 2nd, as being a "grand" dog". I guess the "Kuj" is both.
Anyway, to further expound on the sidebar, Mary & Keith have a 1 year-old granddaughter that lives in Rochester, NY (who would believe that,huh? Another story). Mary obviously knows we don't have grandchildren so every time she and Keith gets photos, or goes see Charlotte, she "shares" all the photos with us. It has become somewhat of a standing "joke" as I always tell her not to send any photos as I just delete them (I really don't). Finally, I told Mary that if she was going to continue sending them I was going to have to make a special file to save them and call it "cute little girl with PUSHY grandmother". So, the first time Keith and Mary came to our stateroom on the cruise, we, of course, were sitting on the balcony. Mary disappeared for a short time and when I went inside, there was a framed picture of Charlotte sitting on the desk. I forgot to take a picture of it on the ship, but I do have in my office here at home. The funny things is, I was thinking about sharing this with everyone on today's blog, and when I opened my email prior to writing this, Mary had sent me a message asking if I was displaying the picture in a prominent place. That is was really weird! Mary and I thinking alike, WOW!

"Our" Charlotte! I know it looks as if she is putting on the pumpkin hat but everyone knows she is really trying to remove it. Be sure to read the caption that Keith added.
"Our" Charlotte! I know it looks as if she is putting on the pumpkin hat but everyone knows she is really trying to remove it. Be sure to read the caption that Keith added.
One last sidebar. I was in our kitchen the other day and I looked out and sitting on the post on our deck was this beautiful hawk. He was perusing the area for something to eat, so as quietly as I could, I went to the screened porch and captured him with my camera. Before I could get a shot of him looking at me, he took off so all I captured was his back. Still he's a beautiful specimen, as you can see.
Well, all I can say is, be glad Mary shares the photos of Charlotte with you. She's a cute little munchkin. Kujo's pretty cute, too.
ReplyDeleteC.P.