Saturday, December 4, 2010

Continuing the Odessy

Before I continue about St Thomas, I want to address the comments made on my last post by my sister-in-law Frances and my cousin Pat. If you want to know the truth, I had to drag Betty on this cruise kicking and screaming because she was adamant that she would not like it. After we returned she was disappointed it was over. It is so relaxing (I know, why do I have to relax - I'm retired) and just a wonderful way to spend time. Everyone likes to be pampered and I can tell you that happens on a cruise. To emphasis how much we enjoyed our cruise, I just put a deposit down for another one. We need to plan in advance in order to secure a handicap room, as you can imagine they are booked really fast, I had to book for next October now. We will be going on another Princess cruise, this time to the Western Caribbean and into the Panama Canal. It only goes into Gatun Lake and then back out but it will be a good experience. Remember , our son Daryl was born in the Canal Zone. I would have liked to go completely through the canal but I couldn't get Betty's power chair back to Florida as we would have to disembark in California. So, if anyone wants to join us on the cruise I just booked, let me know and we will "get ur done!" (Frances and LaDonna?)

Now back to our last cruise. First I have to say St Thomas was our least favorite island we visited. I really can't put my finger on the reason except perhaps it is so crowded and the main emphasis is shopping. Every cruise ship had tours available to purchase at every port it visits, but since we were traveling with seasoned cruisers, we just found a taxi that would take us on an island tour. It's a lot cheaper. After we toured the island, we still had time to do some shopping and to just look around the downtown area. I will share some pictures of our shopping escapade tomorrow. Today's pictures are just of the island itself.

This is just another view of the harbor taken from our balcony.

These are just some views looking down from the middle of the island (almost). As you can see the water is just beautiful.

Talk about crystal clear water

Part of the motley crew. Betty with Skip and Mo behind her.

The rest of the motley crew. Keith and Mary sitting behind Skip. Obviously, since I'm not pictured anywhere, I must not be "motley".

Looking down on our ship. We are docked behind a Carnival Cruise line ship.

You can see how crowded it is where the ships dock. the cruise ship in the background is the other Princess line ship that we passed coming in that morning.

Just a little sidebar before I close for the day. Princess Cruises provides an application for your computer called "Princess Countdown", and I still had it active from our last cruise. It gives you tidbits of information about Princess and counts down the days , hours and minutes until you leave on the cruise. As soon as I booked our cruise next October it became active so to that end let me tell you we only have 330 days 3 hours and 18 minutes until we sail again.

Until next time, I hope you enjoyed this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment