I took a lot more pictures, but this gives you an idea about our adventure on St Kitts.
Before I go on, I have to tell you about the way the crew on the Princess treated Betty. After we would have our coffee delivered to our room, we would sometimes go up to the breakfast buffet to get something to eat. The first time we went, as soon we entered, the head waiter insisted he push her while I obtained my food. Now Betty is not the biggest eater in the world, but he insisted that she try different things and when we were seated, she had more on her plate than I did. And the most surprising thing is she practically ate it all. Every time we would go there, someone would take over the responsibility of Betty getting her food. I guess I should have expected that because the first night when we went to dinner (we opted for the traditional late seating), the head waiter pushed Betty to our table. Our waiter and he then helped her out of her wheelchair into a chair at the table. This happened every time we went to dinner. Our wait staff was really great, explaining everything and treating us like we were special. The food, what can I say! It was wonderful! Both Mary & Keith and Skip & Mo said it was the best they had received on any of their many cruises. Every meal had a wonderful variety to choose from and no matter what dish you selected, you really couldn't go wrong. Obviously, you might not like a particular item you chose, but you could always ger something else to replace it. Everyone always talks about the amount of food available, but I have to tell you, it was the quality, not the amount that was impressive. Based on our experience with the crew and everything els, I can easily see how the Princess Line is considered one of the best.
Well, enough rambling for today. I'll do better on my next post, I promise.
Sounds great and again, I am enjoying the pictures and yes, your "rambling".
ReplyDeleteI can kind of relate with Betty. "Me" time is a must sometimes. Too much "togetherness" can get a bit too much. It's nice to just sit back, be alone and reflect on things.
That is great the way the waiters, etc. took over. An added bonus and so nice of them.
Later,
C.P.