When we had completed the tour of St Thomas, our cab driver dropped us off at the shopping area at our request. We had coupons for "freebies" and we also wanted to purchase some things. So, off we went to the different stores available to us. If someone wants jewelry, or cameras, or "booze", this is the place to purchase them. Since it is a US Territory, the customs declaration is increased by 4 or 5 times. We went into a store called Diamonds International and was looking at some really beautiful jewelry and the sales woman put a diamond necklace on Betty. It was really beautiful and the asking prices was only $30,000. However, the woman did a little calculating and said I could purchase it for only $25,000. What a bargain! And even though Betty is worth that and more, I just had to pass on the purchase.

Admiring the necklace in the mirror.

I know she's worth it but....
We did purchase some spirits at a very good price and it was even delivered to the ship. You are allowed to purchase spirits but you are not allowed to bring it on board. So the ship stores it until the last night and then delivers it to your room so you can transport it home. We also purchased a beautiful tablecloth with 6 napkins. It fits our round table perfectly and looks really great. I'll have to take a picture when we use it again, as we did at Thanksgiving.
By this time we were getting tired so we headed to the area where all of the taxis were parked. We did stop and get something to drink but quite frankly we were ready to go back to the ship and relax.

The
Emerald Princess (in back) and the
Carnival VictoryTaken from the taxi

Just the
Emerald Princess
Keith just before we re-boarded.
At 5 pm, we pulled away from the dock headed for St Kitts. Being we had the balcony, I was able to watch the whole procedure. I will tell you, having "thrusters" makes it very easy to leave a mooring. As I've stated before, I love ships and the ocean so that is why the following pictures. They were all taken from our balcony as we headed out from St Thomas.

Using the thrusters to pull away from the dock.

Almost finished the maneuvering in the harbor.

The
Carnival Victory fires up her engines to head to their next port-of-call.

She is sailing in reverse until she clears the dock.

Almost clear.

The Merriott resort on the island.

They're clear of the dock.

Are you following us?
Next stop, St Kitts. So until we get there have a great day.
Hmmm, cheap skate. I think you should have purchased that necklace for Betty. After all the salesperson DID give you a $5,000.00 discount. : )
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures. It does sound as if you did have a good time with the rest of the "motley crew"...Is the same "crew" going on your next cruise with you?
Hey Betty, I finally got my Christmas decorations up today. I filled the candy bowl with M & M's. : )
Nuff for this time.
C.P.