There was so much food again it was unbelievable. Diane blamed it on me because she says I go overboard, so I ask you, what do you think? I had grilled hot dogs and sausage, homemade chili, salt potatoes, I baked bread and made the"Wool Growers Restaurant" dip, some guacamole, a peanut butter chiffon pie and a cheery-cheese pie. I really don't think that was out of bounds. Oh, yeah, I had a lot of corn tortillas so I made chips out of them also. So what do you think?
Early in January, we had gone to Dave & Diane's to celebrate Dave's birthday. Diane was adamant about NOT bringing gifts, but whenever we say that to celebrate both Betty's or my birthday, they always bring something. Always something nice for Betty, and something to try and embarrass me (I don't know why). Well, to make a long story short, I was feeling bad, not really, about not giving Dave anything so I decided I would give him a framed photo of himself. Mary took it with my camera a week ago yesterday when we all went to diner. Dave had tried to delete it but I wouldn't tell him how, so I put a comment on it, printed it and then framed it. As soon as I had gathered everyone in the TV room I gave it to Dave and he instantly knew what it was. He tried to keep others from seeing it, but I was having none of that. So he had to share it with everyone. I'm going to share it now, but only as a small image.
After Dave had shared his picture with everyone, Mary pipes up as tells everyone she had found something that she wanted to give to me. She had called Betty and told her she had found something really embarrassing for me and said she was going to give it to me in front of everyone. Of course, Betty was all for that so she hands me this bag with a box in it. When I opened the box, this is what I found:
Personally, it is so true I don't know why she thought it would embarrass me. I loved it and it is now on our little desk in the TV room.
I guess that's enough for today, but I promise to get back to Aruba on the next post. We ahve a least a couple of more days there so stay tuned.

Well, we'll see if I'm "terminated" again. If so, I give up.
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, you're right...Mom and I DID visit Hawaii AT LEAST, twice a year. Sometimes more often than that. As far as being "touristy"...It just depends on where you go. We did not patronize the "tourist traps". We met some VERY dear friends that I still happen to correspond with. From waitresses to entertainers. You know Mom...she made friends wherever she went. The people there made us part of their 'ohana. Good memories I shared with Mom. I knew a man that always said, "why travel to foreign countries, when there is so much to see in the U.S.A." I believe you knew this man, also...am I right?
Back to Aruba...yes, the pictures are really pretty and colorful.
Mary sure pegged you right. That statue is perfect. And yes, I think you did go overboard with the food. However, I believe it runs in the family. "More is better"...NEVER, EVER, want to run out of food. What the heck is "Wool
Growers Restaurant Dip"? Hope it's not hairy : )
I guess I've rambled on long enough so time to close and see if this comment gets posted.
Wish me luck...here goes...
C.P.
SUCCESS...i guess i was holding my mouth right, right?
ReplyDeleteC.P.