As I stated my last post, Tuesday of last week was a day of rest, and Wednesday was doing things around the "Ol' homestead". Then came Thursday, the day I was to meet up with my "8th grade flame" after 40 odd odd years. I have to tell you, I was somewhat apprehensive about it. In fact, I had made arrangements for us to meet at one of my favorite restaurants in Kingman, where Betty and I arrived early in case I wanted to make a break for it. When Sue and her husband, Jim, arrived, it was instant recognition. I gave her a big hug and there might have been a couple of tears flowing. Not by me, mind you. We had a wonderful visit and we hope to get together again before we head back to Florida. I have to tell you, I was great at "fumbling" when the check came, so Sue and Jim even paid for lunch. As we were leaving the restaurant, I gave Sue a big hug and a kiss, and Jim made the comment that we were "still kissing after all these years." I said him always have to kiss the first girl you learned to kiss with.
Sue & Jim
Friday, we decided to head to Bullhead and do a little shopping at Bed, Bath and Beyond. As we were almost to the main highway on Bowie Road (Frances' road), I noticed a yard sale being conducted on the left side of the road. Knowing Frances' love of yard sales, I tried to distract Betty and Frances by pointing out something on the right-hand side. It didn't work! I think Frances can smell a yard sale, as she said, "Look, Fred! A yard sale. Let's stop!" Well, to make a long story short, we stopped. I couldn't get Betty into the location because it was blocked by soft sand, so Frances and I checked it out. I have to admit it was kind of fun and I found a couple of things to purchase. I purchased a beer mug, a small pitcher, a spoon rest, and 3 pictures for the kitchen. The prices were really reasonable so it was worth stopping.
I purchased the pitcher because the ones we have at home are heavy and Betty has trouble with them. this one is lighter so she can lift it.
Then it was on to B, B, & B. I always love to go into a kitchen store as i can always find something I "need". We then went into Ross and I found bookends that matched the pictures from the yard sale. It was unreal. I also found a Salter digital kitchen scale for $15, usually they are $40. Betty found some sandals that fit her perfectly so it was a productive stopped.
Bookends with pictures.
When we left Ross, I took the ladies to Stone Cold Ice Cream, neither had ever been to one, and that was a mistake. Not really! They enjoyed the ice cream immensely, which is understandable.
Saturday, was a stay at home so I could watch football. I don't get to watch my team, UCLA, very often in Florida, so I told Betty and Frances I was going to watch them. Then Sunday, we went to Sam's Club, in Bullhead. After Sam's, it was back to Stone Cold. The problem with going to Stone Cold is theye don't want any dinner that night. Oh, well, it's worth watching them eat the ice cream creations.
Saturday, was a stay at home so I could watch football. I don't get to watch my team, UCLA, very often in Florida, so I told Betty and Frances I was going to watch them. Then Sunday, we went to Sam's Club, in Bullhead. After Sam's, it was back to Stone Cold. The problem with going to Stone Cold is theye don't want any dinner that night. Oh, well, it's worth watching them eat the ice cream creations.
Yesterday, Tuesday the 15th, we took a short trip to Havasu City to see the London Bridge. It was really fun and I took the ladies to lunch at the Red Robin. They split a burger because they ordered Root Beer Floats, which are quite big. Now, they want to go back to Red Robin for lunch again. What can I say, it's my own fault.

The London Bridge
One thing we love to do is sit on the front porch and watch all the wildlife. Frances has all kinds of critters and she wishes she didn't. She is always trying to chase away the rabbits and chipmonks because they destroy her plants and yard. I think they are great and I hope you enjoy some of the photos.

Well, it seems as if you're all having a grand old time, with going to yard sales and eating ice cream...yummy. That must have been nice to be able to visit with your "old flame" and meet her husband. The pictures of Frances' "wild life" are very interesting. Did you ever get that spray bottle of "Liquid Fence"? It really works. You sure lucked out with finding the bookends matching the pictures. Cute.
ReplyDeleteWent up to visit Sue last Thursday. Had a nice visit. We went to Red Hawk to gamble a bit and have lunch. It's only about 10 minutes from her house. No, neither of us won, but it was fun. She painted me a picture, you know, she is quite good. She "specializes" in folk art painting. I love the one she painted for me...now to find a home for it. I suppose it's time to go, for this time, and get ready for my "indoor sport"... Yes, the grocery store again. Sure could save alot of money if we didn't have to eat...however, that's my "other" indoor sport :)
Keep having fun and looking forward to your next post.
C.P.