The first thing I have to do is go to the farmers market to see if there are any green tomatoes available. I promised Frances I would bring some if I could. She wants some fried green tomatoes and okra. Then the next big thing is getting Betty organized and packed. I will pack the car tonight so we can leave early in the morning. Then it is just a matter of driving the distance. We always enjoy this trip. Betty brings her "books on tape" and her machine, and I have my satellite radio and CD's, so the time goes by pretty fast.
This trip is going to be interesting for another reason. My "first love", from the 8th grade, whom I haven't seen in some 40 years, lives in Kingman, so we are going to get together. I'm at a disadvantage, because she has seen my picture on this blog, but I have didn't have a clue about her. She did say one of the pictures of either Frances or LaDonna looks like her. and by her description, I think it is Frances. I'm looking forward to seeing her and meeting her husband, and she is looking forward to meeting Betty and seeing me. In fact, the other day I was at Bealls and found a t-shirt like I wear on sale, and when I brought it home to show Betty, she asked if I bought specifically to wear when we finally meet again. In all honesty, I didn't know what she meant until I read the back more closely, which said "we're on our way to meet my old flame". I really didn't pay any attention to what was written when I bought it, but it is apropos.
I want to share a couple of pictures with you before I sign off today. A couple of three weeks ago or so, LaDonna posted a picture of some dolphins on her sight The Healing Technique. I love the sea anything connected to it, so our house has decorations geared that way. I just wanted to share our dolphins with you.
When you're out and about this weekend, or just when you think about it, say a little prayer for Betty and I as we travel. I will try to post a least a couple of times while we are at Frances', with pictures and everything.
Be safe and have a good trip I will pray that you have good luck on your journey. Waiting for you guys.
ReplyDeleteLife is always full of suprises have a great trip.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful trip and drive safely...Now that was stupid, as I'm sure you always do. My prayers are always with my friends and relatives.
ReplyDeleteHope you find those green tomatoes for Frances and if you come across some "Knudsens" buttermilk, get her a quart or two, as she said, at one time, she's unable to find it in Az.
Do try to post, while you're gone, as we'll be looking forward to sharing your trip.
Bon Voyage
C.P.