Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Trip West

Yeah!! We made it to Arizona. We left Saturday morning, Sept. 5th, and arrived at Frances' house on the afternoon of the 7th. It was an uneventful trip except for the first day. We left about 6 am so it was dark when we got into the car, and on my windshield was a big happy face. There was another one on the outside mirror also. In a previous post I had pictures of my car after the "Phantom Stickerler" struck, and he struck again. About 8:30 I called Keith (he's the stickerler) to warn him the "Phantom Stickerler" had struck again. I explained that I had found the two stickers and he said,"Is that all?" At the next rest stop, I checked the rest of the car but only found two more happy faces on the headlamps. When I called Keith again, Mary, (the sticklerler's publicity director), informed me, unintentionally I might add, there were stickers all over the car. The wind must have taken them off but now it is my turn to get the "Stickerker"!

I have to tell you I was exhausted when we finally arrived. Betty said that was the last time we do this trip in 3 days. I didn't want to do anything Tuesday, but Frances gave me a haircut and I even took a nap. I never take naps, at least intentionally. Then I went to bed a 8:30 Tuesday night. Un-believable! Yesterday, the MaryKay lady was coming with some stuff Betty ordered and was going to do some sort of presentation with Betty and Frances, so I got out of there. I had to get a new charger for my phone and then I went to In-N-Out for lunch. Nothing better then a double/double with fries and a chocolate milkshake. I always have to have at least one double/double while I'm here because we don't have them in Florida.

Today, we are going to have Mexican food for lunch and meet up with Sue and Jim Newton. I mentioned her in my last post and this will be the first time I will have seen her since high school. It's going to be very interesting. I'll let you know how it goes in another post.

The following photos were taken in Arizona, but I had saved the big happy face, so I thought I would show you some of the "Phantom Stickerker's" work, by recreating it.


The Happy face on windsheild and little one on headlamp


Right Headlamp


Frances returning from the doctor


The beautiful fig tree in Frances' front yard


1 comment:

  1. Well my goodness...I was just diddling around and found out that you'd posted last Thursday.
    Wow, guess I'll have to check more often. That was four days ago, as today is Monday.
    I guess you have a neighbor with a sense of humor. Cute smiley faces and so colorful.
    Poor thing, I really do feel sorry for you that you don't have an In-N-Out burger joint in your area. We have one and yes, they are so good. Not a double-double, but just a regular one and of coarse their fries and choc. shake. SO GOOD.
    Can't say that I blame you for not wanting to make the trip in 3 days. Lots of driving and I can see why you got tired. I would be tired too.
    By the way, were you able to find the green tomatoes to bring to Frances? Her fig tree is beautiful. Lots of figs? If so, make some fig jam. So good. Mom used to make it and also quince when she was able to find them. Memories.
    Till next post...Don't wait too long as I'm anxiously waiting to hear how the meeting with Sue, your old flame, went. : )
    Hugs,
    C.P.

    ReplyDelete