I just wanted to update you on our activities in Arizona. In reality, it will mostly be a series of photos I have taken. There will be some prose associated with the photos, but mainly they will be self explanatory.
Last night, Sue and Jim Newton came over for dinner and we had a great time. Jim and Sue are very friendly and very easy to get to know. I served Bacon-Cheeseburger Meatloaf, Ranch Potatoes, and a Tomato Pie. For desert we had the apple pie with vanilla ice cream. It was the pie I previously had posted about. If I do say so myself, everything was really great. After dinner we taught them how to play 10,000. Everyone enjoyed the evening and we laughed all night.
Well, now to the photos.
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You mentioned, in your last post, about heading back to Florida...I thought, in a previous post, that you were going to Utah to visit Doris...no??
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of FOOD...don't we always :) Anyway, I was looking for a recipe for my chili relleno (sp) casserole, to make and bring to our annual block party on my street, and came across one of your moms recipes. It's in my moms handwriting. It's for "Lois' Green Chili Scalloped Potatoes".
Does it ring a bell, one you grew up with, or is it a recipe that your mom acquired later? Sounds good. Would you like it? I also found the recipe for your Aunt Doris' Sacher Torte Cake. It's quite long, but if you'd like it I'll send it to you. Basically it's a dense chocolate cake baked in two 9" cake pans, each layer split in half, to make 4 layers, filled with apricot jam and frosted with a chocolate glaze. You, being the chef you are, can figure that one out. She brought it up to "My Place" one time when she and Bob came up.
It was delicious. Of coarse it was as Doris was an excellent cook. Let me know about your moms recipe or you may already have it. Loved your pictures. Especially the ones of Frances' porch with the rockers. It looks so relaxing.
Well, time to go.
C.P.