Last night we went to Jim and Sue Newton's for dinner and had a great time just talking. Sue will be the first to tell you she is not the most organized person in the world, so dinner was a "little" later then advertised. Frances really hit it off with Jim and Sue when they had dinner here and Sue asked Frances to help her decorate her house. Those of you that have been blessed to come to Frances' home knows she has great a flair for decorating. Sue and Jim had paint swatches on the walls in the family room, so we figured out the best way to paint the room and it will really be nice when Jim has finishes. I do have to tell you, even though their address is Kingman, you have to "pack a lunch" to get to their home. Wow, is it in the "boonies"! But some beautiful views.
I'm just going to post some random photos that I think everyone will enjoy. At least I hope so.
Betty and the dogs enjoying the comfort of the bed.
(I can't get rid of the "red-eye" on the Kuj. Oh, well, I'm sure I'll hear from some "expert")
At the London Bridge
Under the bridge
Rock formation you see on Hwy 68 coming from Bullhead City/Laughlin
Known as Finger Rock because that's what you get after losing all your money in Laughlin. By the way, don't you find the spelling of LAUGHlin is apropos. That's what the casino owners are doing when they take your money to the bank, Laughing!
(I can't get rid of the "red-eye" on the Kuj. Oh, well, I'm sure I'll hear from some "expert")
I'm going to end this post so I can finish getting ready to head out. I won't be posting again until we get back to Florida, but keep us in mind and in your prayers as we are traveling. Adios from Arizona.
Heading home, huh...Sure are taking the LOOOOONG
ReplyDeleteway. Have fun exploring the new countryside.
I know EXACTLY why they call it "the finger" rock. That's one picture I'd love to send the casinos upon leaving. :( I may be going up north, again next week, for a few days. So if you don't hear from me for awhile, you'll know why. Getting bored and itchy feet.
Have fun on your journey and I'll chat later.
C.P.