Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Next Part of the Saga

When I left you last, we were in Grand Junction, Colorado, for the night. Everyone has always heard how beautiful Colorado is, but I have to tell you Betty and I were not impressed to this point. I had been in Colorado numerous times on business and Betty had joined me in Denver and Ft Collins on a couple of occasions. Being on the Eastern slopes of the Rockies, Denver and Ft Collins are on a very similar looking "plain". Yes, looking West from these two locations are the higher elevations of the Rockies, which are beautiful, but overall the area really isn't that pretty. And here we were on the high plains of the Western side of the Rockies. Then we left and headed toward Denver and ...

What a gorgeous trip between Grand Rapids and Denver. You travel through some of the most beautiful country in the US. Again, everyone has heard how beautiful the Vail area is, well, let me tell you words can not express the magnificent country you will see. In fact, photos do not do it justice either. There is one area where you travel through a mountains pass that is one of the most spectacular areas I have ever seen. The roadway blends into the envirornment so well, that you don't feel as if you are intruding one the beauty of the area. Even the rest areas are built to enhance your experience in the canyon. In fact, I was so engrossed with the surroundings, I failed to take any pictures of it. I did get some photos further along the road that I think are great though.

I am really upset! I went to my "pictures" to post some of the ones I took in the canyon, but somehow I had deleted them. I also had deleted them from my camera, so I guess they are lost forever. I just guess we will have to travel that route again so I can take them again.

The photos I am posting were taken prior to entering the canyon but I think they are worth sharing also.


I love the image of the green against the backdrop of the distant rock formations.

Just a beautiful precipice on the distance.


A wonderful formation.

We made it to Salina, Kansas, from Grand Junction, on the second day after leaving my sister's house. But, that is for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment