Now some other good news! That is if having another birthday is good news, but it sure beats the alternative. I found the photos I had accidently deleted. How did you do that, you might ask. Well, using my superior intellect and my outstanding knowledge of the computer (if you believe the last statement, I have some "swamp land" in Florida I will sell you. Hey! Wait a minute, I really do). In all honesty, I just used a little logic and realized that the photos were more than likely in the recycle bin and sure enough, they were. I restored them to my photo program and now I'm going to share them with you.
Going through the area of Vail and Breckenridge was beautiful. The following photos were taken at a "rest stop" in the area. As pretty as they are, they really don't do justice to the actual environment. You really have to experience it in person to appreciate the splendor, as you do with most natural areas. I hope you can get some idea of the spectacular views with my feeble attempt to capture them.
I don't need to make any comment.
As I posted previosly, we stayed in Salina, Kansas, after Grand Junction. I know everyone know the words from the musical "Oklahoma, where the winds coming whipping 'or the plains!" Well, uyou can be sure that Kansas has the same winds. I don't think we drove a single mile without some winds. Kansas is very flat, as it is a high plains state, but the people are very proud. The following photos were taken at a rest stop and show the pride Kansans have in their state.

Geez it's been so so long. I'm glad Dodo passed along my blog. I wasn't sure she was writing it down right;) I noticed you were just down visiting her not too long ago. Salt Lake wasn't too much further, haha. I missed you the last time you were here. We would love to see all of you. Keep in touch. Love you.
ReplyDelete