Guess what!!! I cooked a gourmet meal last night. That's right, when I asked Betty what she thought of our dinner, she said it was gourmet. I had to call my sister-in law Frances and tell her because she can't cook it, .........right now. O.K., don't take this seriously, it was not a gourmet meal but just a good down-home style meal. I made a Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf, very low in calories and cholesterol - not, with fried okra and green tomatoes. I called Frances to "rub it in a little", because she can't cook fried okra and green tomatoes. Not that she isn't a wonderful cook and can cook anything, but because she can't get green tomatoes. I told her I would bring green tomatoes with us, if I could, when we come out in September. I just want all of you to know, this paragraph is "tongue in cheek."
I have to say, Betty and I have not really done much lately. It has been so very hot and humid outside and I wear down really fast in that type of weather, so I haven't been working outside much. Hopefully, it is supposed to be cooler next week so maybe I can get some things accomplished prior to going to Arizona. Betty has been making "caterpillars" which is keeping her busy, so I've tried to keep the house clean. Of course, I don't clean to Betty's standard, so she has to stop what she is doing and supervise me. She is also a perfectionist, that's a good thing, and wasn't happy with the "caterpillar" faces, so we had to go to Jo-Ann's for more material. She has started the new faces' and I have to say, they are really cute. I'll have pictures when she completes the project. Well, I seemed to have rambled enough and guess what?, I'm not posting any pictures today.
So, until next time, have a wonderful day.
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment