Saturday, August 1, 2009

Mish Mash

I was doing a little more scanning and came across some really great photos, so I thought I would share them with you over the next couple of days. right now I'm scanning photos from our era in New York, so most of them are of Amy. I still have a tremendous amount of Daryl to scan from back when he was small. Just takes time, but hey, I'm retired so I can do it.

Living in upstate New York, afforded us the opportunity to see things we would have not normally seen, so we took advantage of it when we could. Obviously, our trip to DC (previously discussed) was a highlight and of course our many trips to "The Falls". The surprise trip to the Bahamas was also great, but a trip we did two or three times, was renting a house on the Outer Banks of North Carolina and spending a week at the beach. Those of you that have never been to a beach on the East Coast, don't realize the differences in water temperature. Growing up, we of course, went to the beach in Ventura, where the water temperature never got above 60 degrees. On the other hand, the water off the Southern US East Coast averages about 77 degrees in the Summer. The Gulf Coast water temperature is even higher. We truly enjoyed our trips to the Outer Banks. We also used to visit friends that lived in Colorado but had parents that had a summer home in upper Michigan. Whenever Brent, Bonnie and the kids would be visiting Bonnie's folks, we would travel across Canada and join them. We always enjoyed our visits there also.

All of the above information is just a preamble for the following mish-mash of photos. They are a mixture of varies trips we took and even one previous to moving to New York. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Amy and Betty at a marina on the Outer Banks.
We would go to different areas on the Outer Banks and we stopped for lunch at this marina. It was a really pretty place and Betty had her first, and last, taste of "Vegamite". She sure didn't like it.


Amy and I at the same marina.


In Michigan, just "chillin'!"


"Do have have to get up? We are on vacation at the beach aren't we?"


Relaxing in the pool.
This is one of my favorite photos of Amy and Princess. We moved from Escondido to Wildemar, a big mistake. the good part about it was we were able to put in a pool which Amy rally enjoyed. When we moved from Bakersfield and gave up our pool there, I didn't think we would ever have have another, but the one in Wildemar we had installed was really nice, and we really enjoyed it. Still, moving from Escondido was a mistake
Rambled enough, more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment