Friday, July 24, 2009

Almost Back to Normal

There is only three more days of "Le Tour de france", so things should be getting back to normal next week. I know many of you probably think I'm "loony" because I like to watch a bike race, but if you watch trying to understand the nuances of the race, it is really fascinating. The teamwork required to get a single rider to the top of the podium is really quite amazing.

I do have to say, I did have to watch the rerun of yesterday's time trial as I had another "appointment". I'm not sure I should have gone to the appointment as it was so hot by the time the "appointment" was almost over, we were barely able to use the required skills. Although, I think the 18th level was one of my best for the day, I didn't accomplish the task in the proper number of movements required, but I only used one extra movement. The requirements on my appointment require 18 tasks to be done in the least amount of movements, and I usually average about one extra movement per task. Yesterday though, I average two extra movements per task, and that was with at least one task accomplished in the proper number of movements. The fact that some of the tasks have water and woods as part of their structure does play an important part of how many movements you need. I was going to take some pictures but it just didn't work out. In November, we are supposed to have another appointment at a "private" location that has some really pretty task locations, so I hope to be able to share some photos with you from there. the following photo was not taken yesterday, as you can tell by the jacket, but at a special appointment for the VFW two years ago.


Not my best side, but good skills are demonstated

More at another time.

1 comment:

  1. HOT??? I forgetting what hot is. It's almost 11AM here today and on my front porch the temp. is only 58, and that's usually the hottest spot in the morning as it faces east. FOGGY, GRAY, BREEZY, AND UGLY. Almost looks like rain but not predicted. BRRRR. Hope, next time, you finish your "tasks" in the proper amount of movements :) Have fun and GOOD LUCK.
    C.P.

    ReplyDelete