Monday, July 27, 2009

What Can I Say

Well, the "le Tour de france"has concluded and it was a really good race. It was great to see Lance Armstrong finish 3rd after being out of racing for 4 years, and being almost 38 years old. The word in the cycling world is he will be the favorite for next years "Tour". He was welcomed by most of the other riders, except Albort Comtador, from his own team, the people in the streets, including the French populas, and the rest of the world. Only some of the French press were negative, but they think France won WWII by themselves, and some of the tour elite. I find it very interesting that since he annouced he was coming back, the French organizers have tested him 53 times without finding any reason to continue. In fact, the commentators on Versus said the organizers were making fools of themselves, and that was backed by some of the French press. Ah, don't you juxt love the arrogance of the French. Reminds me of the arrogance of one of our socalled leaders.

Enough of that. I'm going to share some photos that were taken on a trip to Montana in 1991. The trip was significant because of what happened at the conclusion as we were coming home. Our dear friends Lewis and Debbie had a timeshare just north of Missoula and invited Betty, Amy and I to join them for a week. I have to tell you, it was a great trip and we all had w wonderful time. The following are some photos that were taken on the trip.


Lewis and Debbie
Looking for saffires.


Bear Grass
This is a beautiful plant found only in this area, as far as I know. Amy took this photo.


Close-up of Bear Grass
Another Amy photo


Deer Outside the timeshare


Mountain Goats


This was at Glacier National Park and I was trying to get a shot of Amy in front of this glacier. Just after I took the photo of Amy, these goats walked up on the glacier as if to say "My turn!"

As to what happened on the way home. We left Missoula about noon as we had toured the Montana State campus, and headed south on I-15. when we stopped to get a room just north of Salt Lake, there were none available because of a convention or something. so we haeded further south, and still couldn't find a room. When we we stopped to eat, we decided we may as well go on to St George instead of trying to find a room, so we headed to my parent's house and got ther about 3:30am My Dad was really not doing well, but we were able to visit with him before we went to get the car serviced. By the time we returned to their house, my Dad had been admitted to the hospital and died that evening. After he was admitted, he really didn't know anyone so I know that soem power willed us to continue traveling to St George so we could see him. After a wonderful week, it was tough to go through my Dad's death, but it wass wonderful to be able to see and talk with him.

3 comments:

  1. Only have a minute so can't write much...aren't you glad : ) Have a Drs. appointment in about an hour.
    Wonderful photos and so unusual. Thanks for sharing.
    C.P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.
    RE: The picture of Lewis and Debbie.
    "Lewis" looks like your Dad. Are they twins? :) Notice the resemblance?
    C.P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonerful that power great than sent to see your
    Dad what a gift.

    ReplyDelete