Saturday, June 6, 2009

50th Wedding Anniversary

Today I'm going to post some photos from Lolo and Pop's 50th Anniversary, but first, I want to answer the question my cousin Pat asked about the photo in the heading. The answer is No, that is not my dock! There, that should clear it up. Oh, alright, the photo posted in the heading is of the short canal right in back of our house. Technically, it is part of the community property, as there is a walkway between our house and our neighbors that leads to the deck over looking the canal. It is used much because I charged a fee of $5/person to pass through. My dock is on the canal to the left if you were on the deck looking toward this canal. I hope you got that as it is somewhat confusing.



These were taken after all the rain we received, the dock canal on left and the short canal on right.



Now on to the 50th Anniversary. It is hard to imagine that it has been over twenty years since this took place. We celebrated Lolo and Pop's 50th Anniversary in April of 1987. They were married 54 years when Pop died in 1991. Time just seems to fly by when you get older.


Lolo and Pop 50th Anniversary Photo


Amy at guestbook


Daryl and his cousin Jackie goofing off


Pop and Lolo dancing.
Talk about no butt, Betty says I don't have one, but check out Pop's!!


Talking with Pop
Lolo's head can just be seen on the right.

Sitting with Lolo


Betty and I dancing.

I have to say it was a marvelous celebration and everyone had a great time. Anytime someone reached that milestone, it is a cause for celebration.

Tomorrow, I'm going to share the grandeur of Niagra Falls with you. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. You are so right 50 years should get a GRAND celebration Very nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos. Especially like their 50th anniversary photo. "Pop" had that familiar "quizzical" look on his face that I remember so well.
    Looking forward to "visiting" Niagra Falls tomorrow.
    C.P.

    ReplyDelete