Today, I'm going to share with you some more of the sights in and around the DC area. I know you have seen them in many publications, but when you see them in person it is very different. Perhaps, with my sharing the photos, you will be able to appreciate the magnitude of the monuments. So here we go,a lot of photos and very little comment. Yeah, right!

The White House
You have to start here because of the significance of who lives in it
(the office, certainly not the man at present)

The Capitol
Seen from the Washington Monument
The photos below are a series of the Washington Monument. This is a magnificent structure, however, I have always been at a loss to it's relationship with George Washington. When you compare it with some of the other monuments, I think you will understand what I mean.

The Washington Monument as seen from the Lincoln Memorial

With Amy

An imposing structure

Another view
Now the Lincoln Memorial

A very powerful feeling reflected from the sculpture

Gettysburg Address
One of the most powerful and inspiring speeches ever delivered.

Another view
Tomorrow I will finish our journey to the DC area with what I consider the most significant memorials.
WONDERFUL PHOTOS...I especially zeroed in on the last paragragh of the Gettysburg Address. Check it out. It was so clear, even I, could read every word. Your photos are spectacular, Fred.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you regarding the relationship of the Washington Memorial and George...Looking forward to tomorrows post. Thank you for sharing.
C.P. Hi to everyone. :)