Well, here it is a little after midnight and we are still waiting for Amy's flight to arrive in Orlando. Betty and I will head to the airport in about 45 minutes because Amy and Cat are supposed to land a little after 2 am. They were scheduled to land at 10 minutes after 10, however, United Airlines didn't leave San Francisco until 4 1/2 hours after the original departure time. So, Amy and Cat had to wait in S.F. for over 6 hours. It is no wonder United is in bankruptcy.
Oh, yeah! I was once told that when you retire everything is going to go wrong. Well, I have to tell you, that is true. I've already explained about the ice maker giving up the ghost and the oven control panel going bad at the same time, so it should come as no shock to anyone that I had to call a plumber for our guest bathroom as the toilet began leaking today. With the girls coming and he won't get here until about 8 this morning. But the worst of it, is my boat. As I was scraping barnacles off the pontoons, I must have punctured one of them because it filled with water when I launched the boat. It was only one chamber but I now have to take the boat in to have them find the hole and repair it. When it rains it pours!!!!
That's all for today. Don't you feel sorry for me?
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yeah, I do feel sorry for you. However, I know, when one thing goes wrong there's more to come.
ReplyDeleteChin up, forget the problems and enjoy Amy's visit. Look on the bright side...things will get better, they just couldn't get worse. :)
C.P.