Friday, June 5, 2009

Mis-Match

I'm ba-a-a-ck!!!! After many days of not posting, I decided it was time to get back in the saddle and start again. I have to tell you, it has been pretty hectic around here though. Thanks to my sister-in-law LaDonna's prediction that last month was going to be hard on electrical appliances, I had to fix a wiring problem, our oven, and the ice-maker. I will have to say I do feel good about getting them fixed. I still have to replace a couple of receptacles in one of the power lines but other than that, everything seems to be working alright. Oh, yeah, Betty and I smelled burning electrical wiring one night in the kitchen, so I pulled the GFI, and there was a burnt area that could have developed into something really serious. Luckily, from my career path, I had encountered the burning wire smell many times before, mostly caused by me.

Betty and I are preparing for Amy's, and her room-mate "Cat', visit so we are pretty busy with that. I was in the spare bedroom getting it ready and I realized it was really dark in there. So, I purchased a light kit for the ceiling fan and installed that yesterday. The only thing the girls want to do specifically, is go to Busch Garden's in Tampa. The rest of the time we will be free-wheeling it, so to speak. I think their main interest will be relaxing and going to the beach. The only other thing to do is, find out what type of meals to prepare. I know that sounds funny to those of you that know my cooking skills, but you have to remember, these girls are from the Northwest and they eat differently than those of us from the South.

I was talking to my sister-in-law Frances the other day, just to find out how she was doing and kind of checking up on her. Frances is the type of person that doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings so it is hard for her to tell someone no. I told her she needed to just tell people "enough is a enough" when she feel that way, and after about 2 minutes of more conversation she says, "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, FRED!!" I was so-o-o-o-o proud of her. She then mentioned Betty and I coming to Arizona, and I reminded her the last time we were there, she said I was "..a pain in the (tush)." She said that was alright because she still wanted us to come. You just can't win with the "Johnson girl's" logic. So I guess we will head to Arizona around September.


How can you defy her.


Don't Betty and I do good work?

Well, I guess that will do it for today. Tonight I plan to do more scanning so maybe I'll something new to post tomorrow. Have a great day!



3 comments:

  1. Well Fred it's about time I was getting tired looking at need a break. I guess you just needed Pat to come home and chew on you a little. Thanks Pat for the lovely cards and thank you everyone for giving me the space I need. Love you all Frances

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND WE LOVE YOU ALSO, FRANCES.

    Welcome back.....
    I guess you and Betty are getting excited looking forward to Amy's trip. It will be nice, I know. However, what's the difference in the "food choices"? IT'S ALL GOOD.
    Love to eat : )

    Time to go for this time.

    C.P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Forgot to ask in my other comment.
    The picture, at the beginning of today's posting, is it of your dock? It sure is pretty.
    So serene.
    C.P.

    ReplyDelete