Friday, June 26, 2009

Do you feel faint?

Surprise!! Surprise!! I'm Back. Now don't faint or anything just because it has been some time since I last posted. I told you it would be "hit or miss" while Amy was here. O.K., it was all "miss", but that just makes your anticipation all the more real. Now that I'm back, I'm sure you jubilation will be taking over.

The second issue I have to face is the fact I didn't get many pictures while they were here. Amy is not one to have her picture taken so I didn't get many. I will share a couple of picture Amy and Kat took while we were taking them to the airport.

But, first, I have to share with you something else. Before Amy was born, as I previously shared, we were square dancing and made some tremendous friends. One of our square dancing activities was a camping square dance club, called the Rambling Squares, where we would go to different camping areas once a month to camp for the weekend. On Saturday night, we would have a potluck, then a dance, and finish off the evening with a big campfire. It was a wonderful way to interact with our friends. On one of the camp-outs prior to Amy's birth, our friends hosted a baby shower for Betty. One of the gifts Betty received was a baby carrier made by Loene Massey. Well, to make a long story short, we still have the carrier and now Amy is going to host a baby shower for a one of her ex room mates and close friend, Jenny. So, Betty made a baby carrier for Amy to take to Jenny. She made the pattern based on the original and then, after we purchased the materials needed, she cut and sewed the carrier. After she had sewn it together, she was disappointed with the original batting we had first purchased (it wasn't thick and soft enough), so we purchased some more, and Betty ripped out some seams and proceeded to stuff the carrier with fluffier batting. I have to say, she did a wonderful job and Amy was really ecstatic about it. Amy took it home with her and is going to wrap it for the shower.


Amy's baby carrier by Loene Massey
This carrier is over 30 years old but is in great condition


The carrier Betty made. Pretty nice, don't you think?

Opps, it looks as if this post is getting to long so I'll have to post about Amy's visit tomorrow. Sorry!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're finally back. Welcome.
    Hey, Betty, you're sure talented. That baby carrier is adorable. Love the yellow and white check fabric and the eyelet surrounding it.
    GOOD JOB.
    Okay, Fred, now that you're back...Please tell us
    what the heck, top hat is that you fed the girls.
    C.P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Pat it's just fancy noodles

    ReplyDelete