Yes, we are still on Bonaire but before I continue that particular saga, I have to get some clarification. My sister-in-law, Frances, commented on the last post but I'm really wondering what she meant. This is what she wrote: "...pictures are good butt don't let....". Now the question arises, did she just accidentally add a "T", or was it a Freudian slip and was calling me a "BUTT"! Makes you wonder. Doesn't it?
O.K., enough of this self pity. Let's move on to photos of Bonaire. As I stated previously, we just walked through the village and went to a farmers market, and then ended up at the water front walking back to the ship. What was really interesting about walking back along the water front was we saw more fish and other creatures there, than when we went snorkeling. So guess what? Yep, you're right, lots of photos of creatures coming up.

This shot was taken as we walked along the water front. I just liked the composition with the cloud formations, the little bit of the island, and of course, the Caribbean.

There were hundreds of Sandpipers and it was fascinating to watch them. As you look at the photo, there is one Sandpiper facing toward the water and I don't know what it did, but all of the others attacked him. He ran to the corner for protection and every time he tried to leave, they would gang up on him. I forgot to take any pictures because I was so engrossed in the action taking place. After a little while, everything was back to normal, as quickly as it started.

This photo is kind of interesting because if you look closely, there is a crab on the side of the step, just below the sandpiper. I thought that was the end of the crab, but the bird didn't even give it a second look. I guess Sandpipers don't like crab as much as we humans do.

Mary & Keith wanted to walk out on a pier, but Betty and I decided to just wait for them. As we were waiting this Sandpiper started walking around us and really came close. It obviously was not afraid of us as he almost climbed into my lap.

The photo of Betty and I that I use where she is in her wheelchair and I'm standing behind her, was taken under this "lighthouse". This shot was taken form street level, while the other photo was taken on the plaza in the fort.

I just thought this was a pretty flower. Nothing special about it but I liked it.

Just a "people" photo thrown in to keep you interested.

This rowboat was pulled up on the beach next to where we were walking. Although it is weather beaten, I just like the colors of it. And if you look closely. there is a crab using it for protection.


Leaving Bonsire. These two photos were taken from the balcony as we were leaving after dark. Since my camera is not an SLR, the shutter speed and aperture openings are not adjustable but I think the photos are still pretty nice.
The last photo from Bonaire follows this comment. this was my "artsy" photos of the cruise and I'm going to send it to
Princess Cruises to use in their advertising. I'm just kidding! Although it does make a good photos for an advertisement. Just a little trevia for you. The emblem on the stack of the shipped was introduced in the '70's, and has been used ever since. Prior to this particular emblem,
Princess's emblem was a man in a sombrero, as the cruise line specialize in Mexican cruises. Remember the
Love Boat?
Well, that is the last of the Bonaire photos. You're lucky I decided not to post all of them. So it is now on to Aruba. I have more photos of Aruba than any other island, so when I start posting about Aruba, it will take a while to share them with you.
I most likely won't be posting tomorrow as I have many things to do but I promise not to wait to long to resume. Until I do post again, have a wonderful day!
LOL...that's for Frances to know and you to find out... : )
ReplyDeleteThis is changing the subject, but still on your cruise. One of your earlier posts when you were in St. Kitts...Having watched 20/20, Friday night, they had a segment on the vernet monkeys on St. Kitt AKA "drunken monkey's". Did you happen to see the program? They'd sneak up and steal the peoples drinks, jump up on the bar and the bartender would actually fix them a drink...They then would fall down, roll over, do the things human drunks do. Even have a fight if someone else was trying to steal the drink from them. Did you happen to see them or hear of them while you were there? So unusual.
They need to join AA.
What do you mean a "people picture" to keep us interested? Don't you mean to keep Betty off your back?
I, too, liked the night pictures.
You keep saying there are crabs "here" and crabs "there"....Frankly, I didn't see any.
I think you're pulling our leg.
With that, I'd better close for this time.
C.P.
I missed that program Pat about the drunk monkey's that would have been something to see.I am enjoying all your pictures and info Fred keep up the good work
ReplyDelete