Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Still on Grenada

Today I'm not going to bore you with a lot of prose, I'm just going to "Wow!" you with photos. Of course, photos without prose would not be very helpful to those that are perusing them, so, I will have to expound on what you are looking at. So, here goes!

Grenada is quite hilly so many of the photos I took were looking down from the top of hills toward the shoreline. Our taxi driver was really great and took us to some fantastic vistas so we could get a wonderful picture of the island. As he described the island as we traveled, you could hear the pride he had about it and the people. As we traveled through housing areas and other parts of the island, you could tell all of the Grenadians took pride in their island by keeping it clean and most of the houses were well kept, unlike some of the other islands.

Looking down toward the main town and our ship.

Another view of the main town.

I think the contrast between to color of the water, the green from the plants, the light blue of the sky, and the white sails on the boat is amazing.

Another photo just emphasizing the wonderful color contrasts.

The main anchorage other than the one where the cruise ships dock.

Another small cove. Nothing more to say about it.


Entrance to St George's University

I was told not to take any more photos of the college because they didn't want any student's picture taken. I did manage to get this one prior to being asked though. St George's University was where the American students were trapped in 1982. It is really quite a large college and a very pretty campus.


An "artsy" view of the Emerald Princess from another vista.

Just a cove and marina that had a small, local shopping area. I just liked the way all of the elements came together in the photo. Of course, all of the water will flow out to the right because of the angle. I must have just had a rum punch. Not!


Just so you don't think I'm just a "one horse pony-cart", this is a breadfruit plant. See I'm not obsessed with water and boats!

After we took our tour of the island, our driver took us to a local "farmers" market where we were able to purchase some fresh spices. they came sealed in packages, needed for US customs, and small hand made bamboo boxes. There were seven different spiced plus fresh nutmeg in each box. Talk about smelling great. Wow! After we left the market, we went back to the ship to relax before dinner. What a great day we had. By the way, I do have more photos but I think you get an idea of this beautiful little island.

So, until tomorrow, "Adios!"

2 comments:

  1. My favorite photo?????? The one of Betty at the top of your blog. You are one good lookin' lady, Betty.
    Must you sign off your blog with "ADIOS"????????
    I'm soooo tired of "other" languages. Seems every where I go, all I hear are "others", speaking in their language, in stereo.....
    Remember I live in California. I prefer the "southern" version which is "Bye". Nuff said.
    Now that I've vented...I'll get down to business.
    Love, love, love all your photos and info. regarding Grenada. You make it so interesting.
    Almost makes me want to go...well...almost.
    Liked the photo of the breadfruit, reminds me of Hawaii, MY FAVORITE PLACE.
    Time to go and have dinner. Looking forward to tomorrow.
    C.P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures I agree with Pat makes you want to go there. It looks like a beautiful place

    ReplyDelete