Sunday, January 9, 2011

Back to Blogging

Well, it's been just under a month since I last posted, and we're getting back to normal after the holidays, so it's time I got back to blogging. Although today's post will be short, it's because I wanted to give all of you that are interested a "Head Up" to the fact I'm going to continue on our cruise journey starting with tomorrows post.

I'm going to give you a synopsis of our Christmas, which was really great. I couldn't arrange Amy's flight to correspond with Daryl and Doug's, so I was going to have to pick the boys up on Monday night at 11:30 pm and then Amy on Wednesday at 9:30 am., both pick-ups in Orlando (about 90 miles each way). When I told Betty when I would be picking everyone up, she told me that it was to late for her on Monday and to early for her on Wednesday, so I would have to pick them up by myself. Well, it turned out that she did go with me to pick up the boys, but it was Tuesday night about 8:30 pm instead of late Monday. It seems that United Airlines had problems with planes so the boys had to postpone the original flights and travel the next day. Sidebar: I'm just glad I don't have to fly like I used to because the airline are getting really bad with customer service. We got back to the house about 10 pm and of course it was around midnight by the time I went to bed, and then I had to get up to meet Amy. To make a long story short, I went to get her alone, as everyone was still asleep when I left. Oh my, the trials and tribulations of being a early rising father!

We had a great time with the kids being here but I have to say it went by really fast. On the 26th, I took the kids over to Orlando where they checked into a hotel, then Daryl and I went to the airport to pick up a friend of theirs who was flying in to join them. Daryl's gift to Amy and Doug was 3 days at Universal Theme park, especially the new Harry Potter area. They had a breakfast reservation on Monday morning at a restaurant in the Harry Potter area. They asked if we wanted to come also, but it really would have been to much for us, and I think we would have "put a damper on their fun". All to their flights home left Orlando by 6:30 am on the 30th, so that worked out well for them to catch a cab together.

On New Years Eve, we had a impromptu game night to celebrate the coming New Year. In reality, most everyone that came left before midnight. However, Mary & Keith and Skip & Mo stayed until about 1 am. Can you believe that? Us old f... people staying up that late. But one good thing about it was I slept in to almost 7:30 the next morning.

Enough of this rambling. Now that things a pretty much back to normal I hope to posting on a regular basis. Not every day perhaps, but more regularly. So, until I resume our cruise adventure, have a wonderful.

2 comments:

  1. That was nice that everyone could fly in for the holiday! I be they had fun at the park, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you all had a very nice Christmas

    ReplyDelete