Here we go back to island hopping. After we left Grenada, our next stop was the little visited island of Bonaire.
Princess Cruises Line is the only line that routinely visits this island. Because of that, it isn't the "touristy" location such as St Thomas and St Kitts. What a quaint little island it is. We didn't take a tour of the island as we just wanted to experience the atmosphere of the main town. But, I get ahead of myself. First , I need to get us docked.
Again, the posts about Bonaire will most likely take two to three days, but that's good because there is only one more island and a few more miscellaneous photos, and then what am I going to post about. So I need to stretch this out as long as I can just to keep you coming back.
So lets get started. You will have to endure the obligatory photos of the island before I get to the more personal photos but they are really pretty good for the most part.


These first photos are of the island as we approach. Bonaire is not very large but is really quite pretty.

Keith checking the island from our balcony.

"Here come da boat! Here come da boat!"
Yes, it's the pilot boat. we have to get to the dock somehow.



As we approached the area of the dock, you really began to appreciate how pretty and quaint the main town is.


When we fist saw this building, we thought is was most likely a restaurant. In a sense it is but you get your food in the building right behind and then carry it to the eating area.

It's to bad there was some construction going on in the lower left because I think this photos with the church in the background really shows off part of the town very well.

Tying up the ship.
Bonaire doesn't have the typical cruise ship dock so watching them tie up the
Emerald Princess was really intriguing. By the time they finished, there were fourteen lines from the ship to varies tie-ups on shore.

Welcome to Bonaire!
So until the next time I feel like posting, have a great day......a week......a month?
Well, my goodness, that was short and sweet.
ReplyDeleteColorful little town isn't it...It looks very walking friendly. Photo #2 looks like the pilot boat in the distance getting ready to come meet your ship. looking forward to your next post.
Whenever that might be!!!
C.P.