Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sidebar Again

For those of you that follow this post faithfully, I am going to apologize a little for not posting the last couple of days. Well, maybe I'll rethink that first statement. Posting everyday can be somewhat daunting, to say the least. Coming up with things that maybe you would be interested in reading about can be quite a challenge. Yes, I know, I have been taking you on our cruise but even having a particular subject to share can sometimes be pretty hard.

Also, sometimes I have other things to do (Yes, I do have another life besides the computer). That was the case the last couple of days. "What were you doing?", you might ask. And I would answer: " ... buying a new vehicle". Over the last couple of weeks, I had been contemplating purchasing a new, smaller SUV because our Trailblazer was getting a few miles on it and it really didn't get that great of gas mileage. So I started "shopping" for a new small SUV. Why a SUV? Because, have you tried lifting a wheelchair into a trunk? Or even fitting one in a trunk. Not, easy to do, for sure! After looking at GM, Ford, and even Chrysler, I have to tell you I was not impressed with what is available. Besides that, the word "bail-out" kept popping into my head with GM and Chrysler. In my research, one small SUV was always rated at or near the top by the major automobile rating services and that was the Hyundai, and that really peaked my interest. My sister-in-law, Frances, has a Hyundai Santa Fe so I called her about it and she had nothing but praise for it. I then asked for quotes and the two closes dealers were Hyundai of St Augustine and John Hall Hyundai of Daytona. Two dealers as different as night and day. I received a call from St Augustine and set up an appointment and that was that only call I received from them. On the other hand, I must have received at least two calls a day from the John Hall dealership. I was not able to keep the appointment last Friday so when I call St Augustine to inform them, that was only the second time I had talked with them. I made arrangements to go there on Tuesday, and it was one of the most pleasant experiences I have had when purchasing a new vehicle. I was very impressed with the vehicle itself and the low-keyed way the dealership is run was another selling point. So, Betty and I traded our big, honking red Trailblazer for a sleek, sexy white Santa Fe. We picked it up yesterday and as we were driving home Betty said, "This is really nice. It rides like a car, not a truck!" That is high praise indeed.

Well, I guess I've rambled enough so until the next time (when I promise to get back to the cruise), have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Well, congratulations on your new vehicle.
    How about a picture of it sometime...
    Making this short as I'm expecting a friend for dinner and have to start preparing.
    C.P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said wish I could send your praise to my dealership.I hope you enjoy your Suv as much as I do mine

    ReplyDelete