Everyone has heard that even the greatest of writers sometimes had/have a condition known as "Writers Block". Guess what! I must be able to say I'm one of the greatest as I had "writers block" yesterday myself. It is really a weird thing because I normally don't have to much trouble "putting on paper" what I am thinking, but yesterday I just seemed to have no co-ordination between my mind and my hands. I was making so many mistakes it just wasn't worth the effort to continue, so I scraped what I had written and decided to try again at another time. And, the other time is now and I seem to be doing alright, so let's continue on Aruba and see what happens.
As I was perusing the photos of Aruba that I took, I decided the best way to share them was to group each picture into a loosely similar category. That was harder than I thought it would be but I think I accomplished it with some semblance of similarity. So let's see if it works out.
The first category I started with was landmarks. Now these could be buildings, or formations, or anything I think might be considered important. So without further ado, here we go!


Although this lighthouse is not as "ornate" as many in the U.S., i.e., St Augustine, Cape Hatteras, Ocracoke Island, etc., it is still a very important landmark. This lighthouse is called "The California Lighthouse". That seems a little strange considering where it is located, however, it's not named after the state but the ship
SS California. the reason that name was picked was during construction, the
SS California was sunk when it ran aground on the shoals the lighthouse was to protect ships from. Kind of apropos, don't you think?


Would you believe this is a "lighthouse"? Yes, this is known as the Sereo Colorado lighthouse, most likely after the small town of Sereo Colorado nearby. It is also just east of the large oil refinery so it was most likely built to help the tankers with navigation. When we saw lighthouse on the map, we naturally assumed (a bad thing to do) it would be like the California Lighthouse. What an awaking it was when we drove up to it. It was worth the drive though as the scenery was spectacular. No, I didn't get any photos, I don't know why.


This is supposedly one of the best beaches, Baby Beach, on Aruba, but when we arrived there it was a mess. If you remember when I first started sharing our cruise with you, the itinerary was changed because of a hurricane. Well, that was the reason the beach was in such bad shape. Even though the hurricane didn't hit Aruba directly, the results of the high water caused some minor damage and flooding. Therefore, the beach was "awash" at one point and the residue it left accounts for the condition. It was really to bad because photos I've seen of this beach are beautiful.

As you can see by the way Mary is dressed, it was a rainy day.
I think I will stop for today and continue at another time. You most likely have noticed I do that a lot and it's because I want to make sure you come back to this blog to see what I post next. See you next time!
I've heard Aruba is a beautiful place, but so far, it doesn't do "a thing" for me. However the pictures and descriptions are good. Waiting to see the "lush" part of Aruba.
ReplyDeleteUntil tomorrow??? Or whenever : )
C.P.