First GraduationThis is Daryl's first graduation, from kindergarten. We were stationed at Vint Hill Farms Station in Virginia at the time, a couple of months before I was mustered out.
Reading with BettyThis one is from Germany in 1972. If you look at the object on the wall, we called it "The Thing". We needed something on that wall, so I took 1x2's and just made a shape and Betty colored it with brown shoe polish. It was very artful.
Clown make-upIt is hard to see, but Daryl and George had make-up on so they could be clowns. George was our landlord's youngest and was about a year younger than Daryl.
Sitting on the back of the couch.He is just posing for me. No, Betty was not behind bars, ---well, maybe she was. The bars were part of a small wall to separate the l.r. and hall in our apartment in Germany.
Riding new bike.At Christmas in '72, we gave Daryl a new bike so he could ride with his friends in the neighborhood. This was the first time he rode it outside.
Preparing for graduationAgain this was on his kindergarten graduation day. I threw it in so you see that handsome soldier in the background. I can't let Betty be the only one in pictures of Daryl, can I?
More Daryl and family tomorrow. I was trying to find a picture of my cousin Pat but I couldn't. I wanted to post her picture because when she returned from her short trip, she fell and hurt herself. I received an email from her, after I had sent her one, and she said nothing was broken but she had deep muscle bruises and it was difficult to type. But boy can she forward stuff. She really hasn't been ignoring us, but hopefully she'll be commenting again soon.
Cute pictures. Two handsome guys.
ReplyDeleteDear Pat I'm so sorry to hear of your accident I hope you're all better soon.Fred I love all the pictures keep them coming.
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice young family, makes me want to cry that I missed so much of this time in our life.
ReplyDeletePat is such as asset to this Blog we sure need her input here. Our little family just keeps growing.