Friday, May 1, 2009

Back to Daryl

Well, I've taken a couple of side trips but now it is time to get back to Daryl. As most of you know, he is a child psychologist in Fresno and is well known in the arena of play therapy for children. When you call his cell, if it rolls over to voice-mail, you hear, "Dr. Daryl Hitchcock". If that isn't cool then I don't know what is. I have to tell you, it took him a long time to achieve his goal of becoming a psychologist because of me. When he first entered college and said he wanted to be a psychologist, I talked him out of it. After he floundered with other majors, he finally went back to psychology where his skill set has blossomed and his prestige is growing. Now with his partner, Doug, a psychologist also, I don't stand a chance. They have tried to work their magic on me, but I think I'm hopeless.

Anyway, he didn't start out as this big, bearded man, but as a cute little kid. So I'm going to share some more early pictures with you and move forward to the present. Here goes!


Just a baby.
This was taken in Panama by a friend of ours, John (senior moment - I can't remember his last name) who was really into photography. On the right is Betty, of course, and on the left is John's wife (senior moment continued-can't remember her name either). I think it was his first birthday party.


1st Grade
This is Daryl's 1st grade picture. He was going to Glen City Elementary in Santa Paula at the time. Betty and I had purchased our first home in Santa Paula in 1974.


Steckel Park
This is Daryl and his cousin Donald (Frances' son) at a birthday party for Myrtle, Betty's mom.


Senior Picture
I guess I should have said graduation picture. Quite a handsome lad, wouldn't you say?


With friends dogs
Daryl had always loved dogs, but since he lived in apartments, he wasn't able to have one. He does have cats. However, he would visit friends and was able to interact with their dogs. Not the same as having your own, but it is a good way to continue your love for dogs.


Daryl, Princess and Amy
This was taken in New York and they are watching something on TV. Even though there is 11 years difference in age, Daryl and Amy are typical brother and sister. They have a wonderful relationship that grows stronger as the years go by.


At Frances and Ray's - Christmas 2008
As some of you know, we (Betty, Daryl, Doug, Amy, Kujo, and I) converged on Golden Valley, AZ for Christmas 2008. Ray and Frances were so gracious to open their home to us so we could share Christmas together with them. We had a wonderful time and our children were able to interact with part of the family had not been in their lives for many years.


Tomorrow, I may go in another direction again, or I may share Daryl some more. Who knows what lurks in the shadows of my mind? No one do!!!!

2 comments:

  1. FRED YOU HAVE MANY SHADOWS LURKING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THESE ARE SOME REAL GOOD PICTURES, AND SOME FOND MEMORIES OF A DAY IN THE PARK. DO YOU REMEMBER WHEN WE WENT GRUNION HUNTING AT THE BEACH IN VENTURA? I CAN'T RECALL IF YOU TOOK ANY PICTURES OR NOT BUT WE SURE HAD A LOT OF FUN.

    ReplyDelete