If you have been following the weather in Florida (don't know why you would, but who knows?), you would be aware we have been having a drought. In fact, we were over 9 inches below our average rainfall last Sunday, and there was a very high threat of fires. I have to say, that is no longer the case. It started raining on Sunday afternoon, and has continued at a steady pace since. The predictions are it will let up sometime Saturday. During that time, we have had over 20 inches of rain, that is more than we had during all of the 2004 hurricanes. The canals are overflowing, with the water meeting in areas, large pools of water, and my boat-dock is completely underwater. Our house sits very high, so we are not in any danger of flooding but there is still quite a lot of water around. The following photos will show you what I'm talking about.

Yesterday

Early Today
My dock
The dock box is attached to the dock deck, but you can see how high the water has risen.

Canal on right

Short Canal
It's just a little bigger than normal

The birds are having a field day catching small fish.

Another bird taken this morning
The next few photos are random shots from my deck




Nothing like having you own private lake!
Do you think they will eliminate the watering restrictions? I don't know, it's the government!
WOW...You can send some of that water our way. We were on mandatory water rationing and it was just lifted. No fun. One of the countys here want neighbors to snitch on each other if they see them using too much, such as washing the car, hosing the sidewalk...you get the picture. Hope you get some relief soon. The pictures are sure interesting though.
ReplyDeleteAs you can see, I can type...I'm about 90% better...thank goodness I can wear a bra again :) Hi Betty.
C.P.