I took this photo while Amy was playing in the pool at Lolo and Pop's condo complex. She had just raised her head and thrown her hair back when I snapped the photo. I just think the way the photo shows the water as it "flies" around her body is just absolutely fabulous. I know I'm tooting my own horn on this one but it isn't often you get a shot like this without having professional equipment. The need for a fast shutter speed and fast film is essential. Most amatuar digital cameras, so far, don't have the speed for this type of shot. They are coming though.
Daryl feeding T-BoneWhen we first moved to Bakersfield, I cross fenced the property so I could raise a cow for meat. I would go to the dairy and by a bull calf for $10, make him a steer (that's castration, in case you didn't know) and then raise him for about 18 months. When a calf was first purchased, it had to be feed and this is a photo of Daryl feeding T-Bone (I always named them cuts of meat, i.e., T-Bone, Hamburger). Daryl used to like to feed the calf.
Daryl trying to ride T-BoneDaryl had a great rapport with T-Bone, so one day when he, Betty and Amy where in the pasture, he decided to try and ride T-Bone. Luckily, I had my camera to get this shot. I really think the best part of the shot is how Betty is grabbing Amy and the look on her face. She was getting Amy our of "harms way", that's for sure.
Amy and GrandpaAmy loved her grandpa, but Pop was not the type of person that really showed how he felt, except with Amy. This photo of the two of them sitting in the chair together is very special. I have not found one of Betty and my favorite photo of the two of them,as yet, but when I do, I will share it with you.
Betty in full bloomMy mother gave Betty a baby shower at our house in Santa Paula when she was pregnant with Amy, and this photo was taken at that time. I just think Betty has a "glow" about her that is wonderful. And she's really quite cute too!
As I reviewed this post, I guess I did have a thyme after all. Oh, well, the subject matters of each photo are great, so how could I go wrong with this post?
That's all folks!! 'Til next time.
I enjoyed all the pictures esp. the one with Amy and the water,give yourself a pat on the back.The ones with the cow and Daryl trying to ride and feed him are great also.Hey Pat if you are reading this post I hope you are doing better we miss you.
ReplyDelete