Monday, May 11, 2009

A Really Nice Day

Well, here it is, Monday, the day after Mother's Day. I hope all of you mothers out there had a pleasant day yesterday. I have to say, Betty and I did.

Betty didn't seem to sleep much on Saturday night so I wasn't going to disturb her and was going to let her sleep as long as she wanted (I do that everyday anyway). Well, a friend of ours here in the village called and said she was thinking of coming up to see Betty, if that was alright. I told her I would have Betty call when she woke up, and it wasn't more than 15 minutes until Betty came out of the bedroom. Betty asked me to call Frannie but I had to leave a message, so I told her to come up in an hour. That gave me time to run the vacuum and straighten my bathroom. I also had to go get some ice - our ice-maker gave up the ghost - so I left to do that. Now you have to understand, Frannie is intimidated by me and I, of course, take advantage of that. When I returned from getting ice, Frannie was at the house already, so I asked why she was there when I said come in an hour and it was only 50 minutes. I know I shouldn't do things like that, but it is so much fun to pick on Frannie. Well, come to find our, Betty had called her and then said "...and Fred can make us lunch!" So, not only did I find Frannie at the house before the time I told her, now I had to make lunch for them. I just can't win, especially since Betty always sides with Frannie. Betty did enjoy hearing about Frannie's trip to Ireland.

After Frannie left, we didn't do anything. In fact, Betty went and laid down for a while. Later I roasted a turkey breast and made a nice dinner, which we enjoyed but ate so much we had to skip the strawberry shortcake. Normally, I get Betty something special for Mother's Day, but I just couldn't think of anything, so she just received the pleasure of my company. She received an e-card from Daryl and Doug, with an Amazon gift certificate, and Amy called a talked with her for a half hour or so. So, overall, I think she had a good day.

Since yesterday was "Betty's" day, I'm going to share some photos of her with you. I'm not even going to comment. Just enjoy them.

Isn't she pretty?

On her scooter in the backyard

She loves soup from a cup, so she could have a lot of soup with that one.

I just love the photos from the baby shower. She just seemed to have a nice "glow" about her.

O.K., I lied. I couldn't help commenting.

By the way, I found a really great bread recipe. I was watching Alton Brown's show, "Good Eats" and he made a loaf of bread in a dutch oven. I went online and printed the recipe, then I made the bread, and it was delicious. I'm going to make it again, then I will share it with you, if you want it. The reason I want to make it again in so I can convert the flour measurement. Alton Brown uses weight, not volume for some of his ingredients, so after I weigh the flour this time, I will then see what the volume is.

Same time, same place tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you both had a good Mothers DAy wish I had been there to hear Franie tell about her trip to Ireland I've always wanted to go there. great pictures,and yes I would like the bread recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUST KEEP POSTING THAT BEAUTIFUL GIRLS PICTURES. SHE IS SO MUCH NICER TO LOOK AT. GUESS WHO?

    ReplyDelete