Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Back to Living?

Now that the rains have stopped, it's back to doing what needs to be done. I want to thank my sister-in-law LaDonna for telling Betty the month of May was going to be bad for electrical devices. I know it is just because of what she said, our stove controller bit the dust, we have a GFI that won't reset (and so far I can't figure out why) and I'm sure there is going to be something else also.

Although I don't consider Betty's power chair an electrical device, but because of her "hot-rodding" around the house in it, I had to purchase new tires for it. When I previously purchased tires, I was able to change them myself even though I had to use C-clamps to accomplish it. Well, the new tires are not pneumatic like the old ones, so I was not able to compress the hubs to mount the new tires. So, I now have to take the chair to the shop and have the tires replaced. By the way, tires for a power wheel chair cost as much as tires for your car, so I'm going to start a donation page so Betty doesn't have to crawl around the house.

My day today is going to consist of getting things going in the right direction for a change. After I get these things taken care of, perhaps I can get back to the boat. Oh, how the trials and tribulations of a martyr never end (I'm the martyr by the way, ....NOT!)


Does this person look evil to you?
Me neither, but she had to have put a curse on our abode for everything to go wrong as it has. Ray called LaDonna "Hazel", he said after the housekeeper on TV, but now I'm not so sure it wasn't for "Witch Hazel".


How angelic!
Both of them look so harmless, don't they?

I'll let you know it went tomorrow.


P.S. I was just kidding about "Witch Hazel"! I think!

2 comments:

  1. More likely it's Ray coming to say "hi", than Mercury being retrograde. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there;
    Well now that I can wear the "unmentionable" I'm going "stir crazy"...If you don't hear from me for the next few days, it's because I've taken off for all points north. I'll either take off this afternoon or early tomorrow morning. Haven't decided which, yet. However, I'll get in touch in a few days.
    Behave yourself, Fred.
    C.P.

    ReplyDelete