Friday, May 15, 2009

No Direction or guide!

First, some unfinished business. "ATTA GIRL, FRANCES!" I know, I said I was going to give the winner of name the person photo a big "atta boy", but how could give my SISTER-in -law an "ATTA BOY". Yes, this is my cousin Pat. After I posted a photo of her and Aunt Mary, she wanted me to have a newer photo so she sent me this one. Now, she told me she doesn't "touch-up" her hair color, and that she has some gray, but I really don't see it. I always say my hair is blonde, which is was at one time. She knows I'm just kidding her about her hair and also knows I'm looking forward to her comments when her hand heals from her fall. All "my fans" are waiting her return also.

Secondly, I have to apologize for no post yesterday. I thought I would have enough time to post before I had to leave for my 9:30 am appointment, ---I mean Tee Time! I just ran out of time so I have no other excuse. And quite frankly, I didn't know what I was going to post anyway. Still don't! So what direction do I go in? I haven't a clue because when I asked Betty about my post on Tuesday, she said it was alright, but she doesn't like "old" photos. By "old" photos, she means photos without family she knows. In our guest bedroom, I covered a wall with pictures of the family, and she is always wanting to remove them because she thinks they are "clutter", in a way. I, on the other hand, think they are "history". She is really a modern type girl. She doesn't like antiques, and hates having anything on the kitchen counters. But since I do most of the cooking now, I like my "gadgets" handy, so she has resigned herself to it, I think. I guess that is not the only conflict, as I think about it. By nature, I am a slob, and she is a neat-freak, which has caused some conflict, as you can imagine. Well, enough of that.

Just a couple of pictures to make the post more interesting.


Betty Cleaning
As many of you know, one of my passions is for "kitchen gadgets", while one of Betty's passions is "cleaning gadgets". Betty loves to clean, and since I am a "slob" it gives her ample opportunity to practice.


Daryl and Amy on the piano.
When we lived in Bakersfield, we purchased a piano and both of our kids learned to play. This photos shows them"tickling the keyboard" together.


Betty and dogs
Just needed to get the dogs in again.

I'll try to to better on my next post, I promise. "Til then!


2 comments:

  1. where did Daryl get the blond hair he looks just like you siting there playing with Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the blond hair came from a lemon and the sun. He does look a lot like his dad. We both wish we had blond hair but when I have it, it comes from a bottle.
    Now for the clean freak part--true but it's worse. I am a minimalist married to a pack rat who likes toys.

    ReplyDelete