So, lets enter the kitchen from the dining room (see photo on right). There is an angled cabinet on the left and on the counter is a cup-rack with cups, a container of Splenda, an electric kettle, a coffee pot, and a coffee grinder. All of these items are necessary. On the right is the refrigerator, and following the example of my sister-in-law, I use the top to store essential cooking supplies, such as wine, etc. I purchase six-packs of small bottles of both red and white wines for my recipes that call for wine. Never would I use so-called cooking wine. On the refrigerator is also some of my cooking magazines, i.e., Cook's Illustrated, Paula's magazine (yes, LaDonna, it's Paula I like, not Rachel Raye). Next to the island is a small bookcase with cookbooks and some tea pots. After you pass the oven and the pantry on the left, is more lower cabinets, on which I keep the deep fryer and ice tea maker. Just past the refrigerator on the left counter, is my mixer and egg cooker. Next comes the sink and then to the left of the sink is the Griddler (great for making paninis) and the toaster oven. I also have my kitchen scale there. Going further on the right is a desk (what a waste of space) which I use to keep the Nu-Wave Oven and on the opposite end is the pot lid holder. I installed shelving in the leg area of the desk, where I keep the ice cream maker (essential), bread maker (more essential), griddle, lid opener (not really needed much) and the rice cooker. Oh, yeah, next to the pot-lid holder is a root vegetable keeper. The above the island cook-top, is a pot-rack with my most used pots and pans. At first Betty didn't want the pot-rack because she thought it would look cluttered. Now she like it. Maybe that's because she had a hard time reaching a pot so therefore I have to cook. I just thought of that. All other pots and utensils are in the cub-boards so you can see I only have the bare essentials on the counters.
Enough of that. Let's go on to better things.
As most of you know, Betty and I eloped to Reno to get married. In fact, the only one that had an inkling it was happening was LaDonna. When we returned home, we told my parents first and all my Dad could do is sit there and grin. We then went to tell Betty's mom, who was living with LaDonna at the time. As we walked in, LaDonna said, "You got married this weekend, didn't you?" She had figured it out when Betty asked for her birth certificate. Anyway, my folks held a reception for us at their house and I want to share some pictures from it.
Betty and I cutting the cake.Wasn't she the pretty. She is wearing the dress she wore when we got married.
Feeding me a piece of cake.
My turn to feed her.I hope you noticed how we did it. Unlike at todays receptions where the bride, or groom, shoves it into their new spouses face. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
My cousin Sue (on left) her mother Aunt Jane, and my cousin Pat (you know, C.P.).I know Betty's sisters were there but I couldn't find any pictures of them. But if you look closely, the little girl in the forefront is Sheila, LaDonna's daughter.
All of the photos of the reception were scanned from slides, so that is why they are not the best.
O.K., I'm tired of typing so I'll close for now.
O.K., I'm tired of typing so I'll close for now.
What is cute little girl Sheila was I have a kitchen because it comes with the house. if you don't believe me just look in my frig.
ReplyDeleteFRED WILL YOU HURRY AND COME TO OUR HOUSE? SO BETTY AND I CAN SIT BACK AND WATCH YOU AND FRANCES IN ACTION IN THE KITCHEN TELLING EACH OTHER HOW TO COOK. WE LOVE IT. P.S. JACK TRIPPER WILL HELP.
ReplyDelete