Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Short Post

Today is going to be a short post because my "honey-do list" is pretty long. Amy is coming, with her roommate, in June so we have to start getting ready for that plus the normal every day maintenance requirements of home ownership. I really think I work harder now then when I was employed.

I'm just going to share a couple of pictures with you that I think you might enjoy. As I continue to scan pictures, and very, very carefully remove them from the old albums, it sure brings back memories. If you ever feel a little nostalgic, just get out your old photos.


Betty and I after a dance
I meant to include this picture in yesterday's post but it was getting so long I skipped it. We do look good in yellow! Of course, Betty looked good in anything! If we visited another dance club on an afternoon, we usually ended up going to dinner as a group. this picture was taken after we had attended a dance.



Pop with the dogs.
This picture is of my dad with Charlie, the beagle, and Popo, Daryl's dog. Charlie was actually born in South Carolina where Betty and I obtained her when I was stationed in Ft Gordon, GA for training. You could tell she was born in S.C. because she brayed with a southern accent. Charlie became Lolo and Pop's dog when we went to Panama. Popo was given to Daryl by a friend of the family that lived across the street from Lolo and Pop. We had just returned from Virginia, where I had mustered out, and Daryl wanted a dog. Low and behold, the friends dog had puppies and that how we ended up with Popo. We had her until we were putting in a pool in Bakersfield, and she got into some poisend meat someone had left out. It was a very sad day.


Miss Sexpot, 1972
Betty was goofing around in Germany one day and snapped this picture. I think it is really pretty funny, as it is just the opposite of what Betty is really like. she will most likely hit me for posting it, but I'm sure you are all enjoying seeing her in a goofy mood.


Daryl and Jackie
This was taken on a trip to Utah. Jackie is Betty and my niece and she adored Daryl. If you look at the picture, then picuture in your mind Jackie's daughter Sydnie. I have to say, it is uncanny how much they looked alike at that age.

As you read through this post, you must have thought what in the world is going on. Well, I just wanted to share these photos, so no theme, no nothing.

See you tomorrow, maybe!

2 comments:

  1. The picture of Jackie and Daryl is really cute. You're right. Her daughter looks just like her. No wonder her grandmother says she's a clone of her mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed these pictures esp. the one of Betty and her black hair.

    ReplyDelete